Home

NBA Live 10 Blog: Bring Your 'A' Game - The Adidas Live Run

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Blog: Bring Your 'A' Game - The Adidas Live Run within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #17
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: adidas LIVE Run Blog

like me preface this with saying I AM going to buy the game BUT

This mode looks terrible.. it should be renamed "Ball Hog Live"

But!!!!

Dynamic Season is going to keep me playing with a smile
Old 09-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #18
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8

This sound like a fun mode if you can find the right guys to team-up with.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #19
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

This player choosing option is a good idea, but I hate how "arcade" the gameplay is. It doesn't look like there's any skill or strategy involved - looks like a dunk fest and a non-stop scoring race. lame. if you could adjust the settings to play more sim if you want, that would be ideal, but I don't like how it forces you to play in this unrealistic dunk-fest style.

Chia commented above that this mode should be called "ball hog live" which sounds about right - looks like a bunch of dunk-happy cheesers trying to score as soon as they get the ball - no strategy, no plays, no picks - just scoring...I don't feel like I would be proud to be the top team because it's not based on skill or strategy. I just have no interest in the gameplay style of this mode at all. I could see how a bunch of 12-year-olds would like this mode because it encourages non-stop dunking and a lack of intelligence, but for an adult like me this mode doesn't offer much.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-26-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:50 AM   #20
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
This player choosing option is a good idea, but I hate how "arcade" the gameplay is. It doesn't look like there's any skill or strategy involved - looks like a dunk fest and a non-stop scoring race. lame. if you could adjust the settings to play more sim if you want, that would be ideal, but I don't like how it forces you to play in this unrealistic dunk-fest style.

Chia commented above that this mode should be called "ball hog live" which sounds about right - looks like a bunch of dunk-happy cheesers trying to score as soon as they get the ball - no strategy, no plays, no picks - just scoring...I don't feel like I would be proud to be the top team because it's not based on skill or strategy. I just have no interest in the gameplay style of this mode at all. I could see how a bunch of 12-year-olds would like this mode because it encourages non-stop dunking and a lack of intelligence, but for an adult like me this mode doesn't offer much.
I liked it better when it was called NBA Jam and it was 2v2 lol

I'll stick to just ranked games... at least this will get rid of some of the kids that JUST pick the Lakers so they can try to do everything with Kobe

SWEET JESUS IN A BIRCHBARK CANOE GIVE US PROGRESSIVE FATIGUE FOR ONLINE PLAY SO THAT WE HAVE TO PLAY BENCH PLAYERS
Old 09-26-2009, 02:21 AM   #21
Rookie

rockman2k2's Arena

OVR: 4

For the type of "pick-up" game mentality it's trying to recreate, it doesn't sound out of place to have people ball hog. I mean, unless you go to the park or gym with 5 guys you're always going to get on teams where people will hog / and or never run any offense. However, there is a "squad" based mechanic which allows you to play with people you know.

Basically I see nothing wrong with those videos, because that's pretty much how those type of games go. You're always going to see ball hogging or 1 on 1 action in gyms and parks, so why wouldn't that happen in this mode. If you don't like that approach then find 4 other good guys that like to run offensive sets, or set pick and rolls, etc...

All, I'm saying is this mode has that type of atmosphere, which I think is fine, but usually teams that don't run offenses at the park get beat by those that play together or understand basketball more. Honestly it's no different than playing a FPS online, because when you play with randoms many times you'll lose to a clan or a group of guys that went into match making together and call things out.

I can't wait to try this out with people I know. First time I'm getting live this generation. Oct 6th can't come soon enough.

Last edited by rockman2k2; 09-26-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2009, 02:44 AM   #22
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

So will this inevitably lead to teams having pretty much the same Exact team in the different squads?

PG- Paul
SG- Wade
SF- Kobe
PF- Bron
C- Dwight

Or did I miss something?

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 09-26-2009, 03:36 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

looks nice , but several questions:

1. can AI difficulty be changed?

2. can sliders be changed?

3. the 'non-human' players are replaced by AI, ok, but can you play a 3humans+2AI against 5 AI for example? I mean, can you play a coop game against AI?

4. Can you use a created player?

keep the good work!
Old 09-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #24
NBA LIVE Producer

iminurbase's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Now, can you kick an un-cooperative player off the squad?
Yes, squad GMs can boot players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »