Home

NBA 2K10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
I've had the game since saturday, and everyone say sliders can fix the game. Sliders can't fix framerate in some arenas. Hard to believe it was not mentioned in the review.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #50
Strategy

OVR: 36
good review overall.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
Sorry, but this rating is too high. It should get about and 8.0 to 8.2. 2k's player movement is still clunky and sluggish, the CPU teams don't play closely enough to their real life counterparts, and the defensive AI is pretty weak.
This is my biggest problem with the game.

Oh well. Back to Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
It's obvious this site gives a "home team push" to the developers who post here often. Madden '10 getting a 8.9 or 9 was an atrocity and example of what to expect. This game gets an 8.5 so I'm willing to bet Live's rating will be inflated.

Please note I am not bashing anyone or anything just noting certain elements to take into account when reviewing ratings on this site.

Also note quotes like this one

Show the posters obvious bias and can't be relied on for any real information. See how the poster states his previous love for one game to validate his bashing of said game. Anyone should be able to see this person has an agenda. I'm not perfect and am guilty of things like this myself at times. I thought Live last year was absolute garbage, but this year the game has made great strides and I can see a real competition developing. I'm still rocking with 2K until the end (or Gamespot rates Live better).

Final Thoughts = There are lots of things to be discovered at OS if you are good at filtering through all the bias and b.s.
Cmon dude, are really being serious here. I love video games, good video games. NBA 2K7 was a great video game, but the series has gone down since. You can't seat here and tell me that 2k10's gameplay is better than live this year. Live has been horrible for the past 4 years, but they have bounced back. I am not going to seat here and just pretend that 2k10 is a good because its not. The game is not fluid, and it has frame rate issues. Post ups are horrible, passing animations are ridiculous. If you are looking for a true NBA simulation, live is the way to go.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K10 Review

Little question:
do the "attacking" PG(like Rondo,Parker etc...) go to the hoop???
Or they play like in 2k9 where they do nothing???
Does Parker take his shots like in reality???
Thanks
Old 10-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #54
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo79
Cmon dude, are really being serious here. I love video games, good video games. NBA 2K7 was a great video game, but the series has gone down since. You can't seat here and tell me that 2k10's gameplay is better than live this year. Live has been horrible for the past 4 years, but they have bounced back. I am not going to seat here and just pretend that 2k10 is a good because its not. The game is not fluid, and it has frame rate issues. Post ups are horrible, passing animations are ridiculous. If you are looking for a true NBA simulation, live is the way to go.
Guys this is a 2k Review so lets stay on topic and not turn this into yet another Live vs 2k thread.

Good informative review as always at OS. People need to stop complaining about what wasn't mentioned and focus on what was discussed. A review is one individuals opinion. They do not take a poll to decide what they will score it or what they will talk about. Different people equals different experiences. Way too many score fiends around here.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 10-06-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 12

I agree with others here who've said they don't give much credence to the reviews on this site. If I recall, didn't 2K9 get a 9/10? How observant of the reviewer to not notice the game's obvious flaws. And 2K10 is supposed to be an improvement over 2K9 yet gets an 8.5? BTW, to the reviewer, 8.5 doesn't = excellent as you've stated. Excellent is a score of 9 +.

I know these reviews are really just someone else's opinion but how are we to trust these reviews when last years game gets a better score than the game that's meant to be better? Maybe review scores shouldn't be given in future. Impressions only would be a better way to go IMO.

The best way to get an impression of a game is to play it yourself. I'm stating the obvious, I know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #56
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
YUH
nice review

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »