Home

NBA 2K10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2009, 01:09 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I sorta agree and disagree at the same time. Let's think about it. If you made the perfect game in 08, what else are you expected to do for 09. Now, OF COURSE, 2K10 is FAR from perfect. But if the game was a handful of issues away from being the holy grail, how would you rate it? I have no problem with the rating. It's pretty much what I would have given it, I guess. But at some point, if they are going to make games on an annual basis, you HAVE to be able to sense a year worth of work on the game. The question is, do changes noted in the review represent a fair amount of a year's worth of work for the developers? If you can say 'yes', then maybe you can justify a higher score. If not, a lower score should be expected...

With that said, I think NHL, MLB, NBA, soccer, and NFL games need to continue to innovate to some degree. All annual sports game. Otherwise, why should anyone buy them year after year?
There is a lot of room for improvement not just in games modes or depth in the games, also in the gameplay side. I still believe that we are consuming old gen gameplay, yes we have more animations and amazing graphics but nobody hasn't been able to master real gameplay. I dream with the day where I won't be able to differenciate a videogame from broadcast.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:18 AM   #90
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
For better or worse, THIS statement here killed any credibility you could have possibly started with. Nice drive by.
So true, that statement is the troll calling card. Every time someone says I bought every game since blah blah blah, but this year blah blah blah, I know exactly their agenda is.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:23 AM   #91
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

People just try to read way to much into review scores when really, they are nothing more than the author's general impression of the game at hand.

Review scores don't have anything to do with last year's game, and unless the same guy is reviewing more than one game (which is rarely the case here at OS), the score doesn't have anything to do with other games, either.

If you want to know whether a game is better or worse than last year's version, most reviews will usually tell you within the text itself.

Problem is, most people don't bother to read the text and just jump straight to the score, which unfortunately for them, won't tell them anything besides what that specific reviewer thought of that specific game.

Bottom line is, it shouldn't be the reviewer's fault that people don't understand the basis of a game's rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #92
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
So true, that statement is the troll calling card. Every time someone says I bought every game since blah blah blah, but this year blah blah blah, I know exactly their agenda is.
Amen.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #93
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo79
Am I going crazy or what, this game is not playable. What are you guys talking about? The isomotion is just terrible, thats plain and simple. The dribbling is a joke in this game, the passing game is ********. The game is a dunk fest!! I mean, seriously. I have been playing 2k since 2007 but this year I tried the live demo and I was very impressed by how fluid the controls were. I am going with LIve this year. No doubt about it.
Iso motion has been terrible for the last few years. I always switch to the control scheme that let's you use B for dribble moves
Old 10-07-2009, 02:57 AM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I love how some people make narrow-minded assumptions about other people without having the common sense to understand what that person is saying. Your interpretation skills need work. I have nothing against the reviewer and thought he gave a decent impression of the game. It's review scores that I'm against because they often don't make any sense when compared with other scores. I shouldn't have to spell out what I'm saying for you.

Your last paragraph you've said exactly what I was saying in my post. Do you have trouble reading?
I love how some people are so myopic they use their "interpretation skills" to glean that I was making a comment about one poster, i.e. you. All I know is that after reading several posts accusing the reviewer of bias (and seeing similar accusations of bias all over this site directed to OSers) I got a little tired of the attack.

Disagree with this view all you want but try to do it without petty personal attacks next time.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:19 AM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
too right mate, who hasn't played a b'ball game every year one has come out on any platform, it's just lame, 2k10 looks great this year and i haven't played the demo, nor will i have a copy till 10th Oct, but I like the new animations, the areas look awesome and the new broadcast system sounds great, nice work 2k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #96
Rookie

marc68's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
No mention of framerate issues? Or custom in-game sounds for the 360? Or anything on the Association mode?

Do we need to have the review out at midnight of release date if it means glossing over or skipping some substantial areas of the game?
Exactly....what about the framerate problems I have read about?????????

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »