Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Details Coming Next Week

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Details Coming Next Week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #25
Rookie

CanesFan5's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Details Coming Next Week

I really hope they put in the Seahawks green jerseys. Although I am by far the minority that likes them.
Austin University Roadrunners (NCAA 10 Dynasty)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
Excellent point. And they were the ones who hyped up the game this year. If you see it on Sunday, you'll see it in the game. You can't tell me that wasn't said.

I appreciate the fact that games can be patched nowadays but it should be for minor issues, not things that make the game unplayable until the NFL season is more than a quarter of the way over.
I just dont see what all the fuss is about. I mean, even the great NHL 10 needs patching for issues. That just comes with sports games these days. I am not sure, but Call of Duty was patched, Socom has had numerous patches. Almost every game made nowadays takes a patch somewhere down the line.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
I just dont see what all the fuss is about. I mean, even the great NHL 10 needs patching for issues. That just comes with sports games these days. I am not sure, but Call of Duty was patched, Socom has had numerous patches. Almost every game made nowadays takes a patch somewhere down the line.
Fair point. I think the difference with sports games (especially Madden or NCAA) is that the issues are more time-sensitive. Think about it; if GTA needed a patch it's not big deal because the next GTA game probably won't come out for another 2-3 years minimum. No big deal waiting 5-6 weeks. But if you make football fans wait that long, you're looking at a third of the season or more that's gone by. This year's game is probably only relevant until the end of the season. I don't know too many people who will buy Madden after the Super Bowl if they haven't purchased it by then. Sports gamers like to have a representation of their sport in video game form during the season in which the sport is actually being played in real life. I know that my desire to play the latest NHL drops off a bit once the Stanley Cup Finals are over.

New York Giants- 1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007.

PSN ID- matt8204
Old 10-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Great news! I'm enjoying the heck out of patch one, so I can't wait to see what patch 2 does.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Awesome news. Cant wait to see how this game plays at it's full potential. Go Pats! Peace.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:10 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
Fair point. I think the difference with sports games (especially Madden or NCAA) is that the issues are more time-sensitive. Think about it; if GTA needed a patch it's not big deal because the next GTA game probably won't come out for another 2-3 years minimum. No big deal waiting 5-6 weeks. But if you make football fans wait that long, you're looking at a third of the season or more that's gone by. This year's game is probably only relevant until the end of the season. I don't know too many people who will buy Madden after the Super Bowl if they haven't purchased it by then. Sports gamers like to have a representation of their sport in video game form during the season in which the sport is actually being played in real life. I know that my desire to play the latest NHL drops off a bit once the Stanley Cup Finals are over.
Yup that happens with all sports games I got rid of the show 09 tuesday...2010 will be out in 5 months...when i will get rid of madden 10...and I will have nba 2k10 till madden 11 and so on and so forth.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:22 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 16

Every thread on OS is hilarious after three Heinekens.

-SeventhWard
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 01:44 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Id rather receive patches that fix the game instead of receiving none. People need to stop being so negative and appreciate the work. I mean, they have every right to leave it how it is.

I don't care what people say, Madden on last gen had so many problems. Just some off the top of my head:

Madden 2004- CPU Quarterback sucked and couldn't complete passes to save their lives.

Madden 2005- No pass interference calls and wacky franchise stats + the CPU never ran the ball (pre Manifesto).

Madden 2006- Punt returns were out of the question.

But yet, people still praise those games as the best ever.
Madden 10- No consecutive tackles. worst pursuit angles since tecmo bowl. Man coverage is horrible. AI all rode the short yellow school bus. No dirty uniforms and field getting messed up. No long ball. No physics are respected, and rating are there for show because they dont matter. Blocking is bad, also millions of glitches that effect the gameplay. I could just keep going on lol
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »