Home

NHL 10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Also, I don't suppose anyone has tried manual passing? I love using it and hope the tweak to user pass speed is a positive one.
I also use and love it, and hope that it is improved even more.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #18
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

So is that authentic gear(helmet) with boost slots in game now? I applied the patch but the download was so quick that i'm not sure if my game was patched at all... Now im trying to figure out was my game patched or not...
Old 10-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #19
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by niksa83
God damn it, i've been playing over 100 games in BAP with 10 minutes rounds...no simming what so ever FOOOOOOOOOKK!

Then again does trade logic affect BAP? Oh well....what can you do?!
First, easy there brother. Please watch the substitute F-word stuff. Second, the patch notes didn't specify if the trade logic changes were for GM mode only, or if it applied to BAP as well.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #20
jb1
Rookie

OVR: 7

I've played a few games and can notice an improvement in boardplay, the overall way the CPU plays defensively and in particular the way they defend the cross crease pass.

As a mainly offline player I was eager to test out the new trade logic, after simming a season and a bit into a new Be a GM career I'm not convinced the trade logic is that much better. I should point out I'm pretty new to hockey in general so I'm not sure whether some of these trades are logical or not.

I've seen Alexander Semin traded three times in just over a year, Selanne and Regehr twice. Anaheim traded Giguere for Colin Fraser of Chicago and then traded Getzlaf to Boston for Thomas. New Jersey acquired Jeff Carter + 2nd and 3rd round pick for Cody Sarich and Leblond

Again, I'm new to hockey but some of those seemed illogical to me.

I don't know what other work, if any has gone into Be a GM but the star players seemed to get more points, there were 7 over 100 with Malkin leading the way with 126 while Ovechkin scored 50 goals for his 98. There is still no love for Detroit though who finished 30th with 68 points!

Unfortunately, the Kane and Toews situation remains whereby they were released by Chicago and as of two games into the 2nd season they are still free agents.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:39 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1
As a mainly offline player I was eager to test out the new trade logic, after simming a season and a bit into a new Be a GM career I'm not convinced the trade logic is that much better. I should point out I'm pretty new to hockey in general so I'm not sure whether some of these trades are logical or not.

I've seen Alexander Semin traded three times in just over a year, Selanne and Regehr twice. Anaheim traded Giguere for Colin Fraser of Chicago and then traded Getzlaf to Boston for Thomas. New Jersey acquired Jeff Carter + 2nd and 3rd round pick for Cody Sarich and Leblond

Unfortunately, the Kane and Toews situation remains whereby they were released by Chicago and as of two games into the 2nd season they are still free agents.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #22
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

Getzlaf for Thomas! LOL
Old 10-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sorry bout the F-word, ain't happening again

Anyway my D/L was lightning fast even tho im on slow connection....so how big was the patch?
In all honesty i didn't get those authentic helmets so this makes me think my system didn't D/L the patch correctly........is there a way to check if the patch is applied or not?

This would explain why some peeps got the helmets while others didn't..........if you didn't get the helmets perhaps rest of the patch didn't come through like it should have....that again would explain kane & toews sitsuation.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #24
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by niksa83
Anyway my D/L was lightning fast even tho im on slow connection....so how big was the patch?
The PS3 patch size was 27 megabytes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »