Home

NHL 2K10 Patch Mention

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Patch Mention within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 2K10 Patch Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow71
I have a feeling that it's likely to come out before December/January.

We have plans to release the list of fixes along with the release of the patch, we have to make sure that the items we are claiming to fix are indeed fixed. Releasing the list ahead of time could cause issues if certain changes have to be reverted or we make more changes, in turn forcing us to continually release revised lists.
No offense or disrespect meant Shad, but seriously, you guys need to get on the same page between the dev team and the "PR team" if you could even call what Ronnie does PR because its flat out silly. This whole "news about news that may be news someday" garbage that keeps happening is pretty rediculous at this point.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #114
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
No offense or disrespect meant Shad, but seriously, you guys need to get on the same page between the dev team and the "PR team" if you could even call what Ronnie does PR because its flat out silly. This whole "news about news that may be news someday" garbage that keeps happening is pretty rediculous at this point.
Ronnie is just a community manager at 2KSports. He is somewhat like what Flyer is here, but much less reliable. Probably because Ronnie is a Basketball nut, not Hockey like Flyer.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Ronnie is just a community manager at 2KSports. He is somewhat like what Flyer is here, but much less reliable. Probably because Ronnie is a Basketball nut, not Hockey like Flyer.
You sure about that? When I went to that community day thing he was leading it. I think he is more than that. He was also at the New York day with A.O. He talked about just getting back that next day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 09:51 PM   #116
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
100 percent agree....

it just gives me the impression that the 2k hockey team just isn't very professional. We got "news" 2 weeks ago, that patch details will surface in 2 days. nothing.This past wednesday another 2 days deal end of the week. Nothing.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #117
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
100 percent agree....

it just gives me the impression that the 2k hockey team just isn't very professional. We got "news" 2 weeks ago, that patch details will surface in 2 days. nothing.This past wednesday another 2 days deal end of the week. Nothing.
Why should they tell you before they know? That isn't very professional. What if they tell us, something is fixed, but when the patch is released, it really isn't? Then it's a case of insert foot in mouth. The fact that they told us they were working on a patch...um, I thought that's what "we" wanted, communication from the developers. So now it's an exact time and what's included? Give me a break and be a little patient.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #118
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
You sure about that? When I went to that community day thing he was leading it. I think he is more than that. He was also at the New York day with A.O. He talked about just getting back that next day.
Well maybe he is, who really knows. In any case, his telling us, he'll have this and that hopefully by such and such time, then say nothing when he doesn't, is frustrating as Realm stated. VC shouldn't tell him squat.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #119
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Well maybe he is, who really knows. In any case, his telling us, he'll have this and that hopefully by such and such time, then say nothing when he doesn't, is frustrating as Realm stated. VC shouldn't tell him squat.
I agree, but he did say he Hopes to have a list in the coming days. In my dictionary hope means maybe, but not for sure. So I say just give them some time. Plus Shadow even said they have to make sure that fixes are actually fixes in the game. I wish some other companies would do that.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #120
Banned

rangersfan30's Arena

OVR: 14

I made this post over at 2khockey.net

Check the video

To me none of this matters when you get what happened in this video i have linked

Anisimov goes walkabout

I kept pressing to get control of Anisimov but i wouldnt change, it comes back to my posts about the reactions of the user players to the puck, its like the puck is only part of the game to the user AI when it is on the stick of the user player.

Drop pass no reaction
Pinning no reaction
Goalie pass no reaction
loose pucks no reaction
Cycling the puck no reaction

All these things i have mentioned i have experienced many many times, players shoot off in different directions and its usually away from the puck taking them out the play.

They just dont do anything until you take control of the player and even that is a chore, it takes many presses of the change player button just to get control of the appropriate player.

The patch needs to address this and we need to know soon because we have been very patient.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »