Home

NHL 2K10 Patch List

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Patch List within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #97
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 2K10 Patch List

Maybe I'm a little out of my league in suggesting this but, if they can release roster updates on 2K share, why can't they just release a PS3 patch on the 2K Share? That bypasses Sony altogether and thus the argument "it's sony, not 2K" is rendered invalid.

It just seems like a pretty simple soultion (and by the way it hasn't stopped them from releasing roster updates for the PS3 on the 2K Share).
#1 Rule of Sliders: Realism is Relative
Old 11-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #98
Rookie

PaddyOReilly's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm done with 2KHockey.net now, what with Peng and Venom lording over anyone who presents an objection (frankly with the amount of insults V's throwing around, albeit on mass, I'd expect a ban).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhordwell
People pay $60 for the game, not $60 for the game + downloadable fixes. That's just a bonus, and yes it is unfortunate that it is only for the 360 users.

You can go tell your friends not to purchase 2k11, but that's not going to effect whether 2k achieves critical mass for this game next year. Which is what they, and any business are after. The patch, might be for the most vocal crowd, but it's a minority crowd. It won't improve sales significantly enough.
The thing is that $60 dollars covers not only the game but any work done on the project afterwards, they aren't doing it out of their own pockets. Plus the patch caters for the second major user base, I believe the Wii sold more this year than both 360 & PS3 combined over 2K09/2K10.

I think that yes they can't afford to patch all versions, but rather than having something against the PS3 I think they just favour the 360. For instance the "play the devs" community event was organized for 360 only, and it was a single dev off his own back that did a similar thing for the PS3.

Their current responses are basically laying the blame with Sony charging for space (or bandwidth ?) but this is just mis-direction. The reason microsoft don't charge, other than having more money than God, is that the charges are laid at the feet of the gamer with Live. What with PSN being free the charges are sided with the developer.

It's not my intention to turn this into a "hate 2K" or "PS3 vs 360" rant (or have a go at jhordwell); I'll still be playing the game without the patch but this whole thing was just badly handled. Too much silence, dragged on for too long, leaving the mods to just either blank the question or retort with "you don't know all the facts" all the while not explaining either.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 15

I'm wondering if all this 2k anti sony stuff has something to do with how 2k's mlb licensed game is soooo far behind sony's game and the money they've lost with it.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #100
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
That's the lamest thing I've read. So because so many people once had the opinion that 2K Hockey was the better hockey sim, they should keep that opinion even though things have changed? Nothing is written in stone with opinions and those that think they are, are what we call stubborn.
I was being sarcastic. I actually put a higher value in someone's opinion when they are open to change it.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #101
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyermania
That's because everyone that mods that site is a complete joke. Venom is allowed to break the rules consistently without reprimand, and clowns like Pengman will close/lock any thread that is too anti-2k.

Sugar coat this anyway you like, the PS3 version is getting hosed. Sony is not to blame...that's the easy way out. 2k is choosing not to extend the money and/or resources to get this done. It is their choice, and Ps3 owners are the ones to suffer. But next year I will have a choice, and that choice will be to not purchase their unsupported game. And I will certainly encourage others to do the same.

It's a real shame to see how far this series has fallen, both in quality and in the post-release support.
HOpe this doesnt get me into trouble, but there is a mod or 2 here that is the opposite as well. I even kind of got into it with one and he banned me, but i talked to the site admin with screenshots of that mod harrassing me and i got my ban reversed.

There are a few bad mods everywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #102
Pro

OVR: 7

Been on vacation a week and just read this thread hoping for some good news on a patch for my PS3 version of this game. Read the fixes, looked good. Then saw it wasn't for PS3? Then I read the quote from the developer about how this was not a pro-MS/anti-Sony thing? Wow. Maybe it is right but it is definitely an anti-Sony player thing. I know some of this has been said before but to summarize:

- I sold my XBOX360 and bought a PS3 because it had all my favorite games to include the Show. And it has a blue ray player. And roster updates for all the games are free unlike some on XBOX. So, not to start a console war because we all have our opinions but that is why I personally moved on. And, I didn't keep both since all the other games besides the Show that I play are on both platforms.

- I paid the same $60 for a game that XBOX folks did yet I don't get the same level of support as an XBOX player?

- When exactly did the 2K group let us know BEFORE this weekend that there would be no PS3 patch? They've been working it for weeks and it just slipped their mind? Seems more likely it was to squeeze a few more sales out of PS3 folks for as long as they could before dropping the bad news.

- And either these guys or the Madden guys (Ian I think) are lying since Ian said Sony allows two title updates per game for free; after that they have to pay. Hence the reason the second patch is so important and why a third patch (NCAA Football) is to be applauded as great customer service since it costs the developers money to do so. My money is on EA on this one and it pains me to say that.

So, 2K, chalk me up as another person who has played your game since the Dreamcast days who will now be going to EA. Not because their game is better per se but because we have a choice and I chose not to support an organization that treats the very people who pay their salaries by buying their games with such a total lack of respect.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 6

The facts seem related to the Sony bandwidth charge. related article link:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/...dable-content/

and a quote by a 2K developer:

"The patch is for Xbox 360. It isn't about "supporting the 360 and not the PS3" at all. It has to do with how much support we get from the console manufacturers and I will leave it at that. Unfortunately putting out a patch for the PS3 is not feasible at this time.

I completely understand any frustration that comes from PS3 owners. I would feel the same way. But it isn't personal, it isn't to say "eff you" to anyone. As for the "silence" from 2k members, for one thing we aren't allowed to post status updates upon request from fans. That just never ends well, good news, bad news, or no news. Another thing to consider is that perhaps a decision has or had not been made yet on the issue.

To those of you who think that since PS3 owners cannot have a patch that we shouldn't do one for 360... What if the success of a 360 patch allows us to do a PS3 patch in the future? Something to think about."

If 2K doesn't want to foot the cost given to them by Sony, I can see why they would say screw it, we have limited resources, we don't have the money right now to have to pay for this patch. M$ doesn't charge us, we can release it for 360.

But what does this do to the fan base. For one, no matter what they present to us, it gives the optics of poor customer support/relations. They should re-think their strategy and eat the costs - and put out a statement to that effect. That would send a message saying, "hey, we do care, and we acknowledge that our PS3 customers are intensely loyal, and we would like to reward that loyalty by providing an update that the 360 users are getting"

The lower sales on the PS3 side reveal a dwindling fan base. And with this news, that fan base will continue to get smaller. I hope they re-think this and consider what the costs will be to put out an update, compared to what the costs will be of losing more customers next year.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #104
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Any forum will lock such threads that are nothing but out of control. 2KHockey.net is NOT directly linked to 2K with the exception of having a couple of former regulars that are now developers with VC. That is it. They are simply a forum for 2K Hockey fans to go and talk about the games. They have NO responsibilty or obligation to keep such "bash" threads open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Its Savoie you're talking about, are you really all that suprised? He's flipped flopped almost as much as Joker the past year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Nothing worse than a flip flopper. It really bugs me when someone is willing to change their opinion when presented with new information. People should really stick to their guns once they form an opinion. Basic loyalty.
Quote:
That's the lamest thing I've read. So because so many people once had the opinion that 2K Hockey was the better hockey sim, they should keep that opinion even though things have changed? Nothing is written in stone with opinions and those that think they are, are what we call stubborn.
Quote:
...just here to stir the pot aren't you?
It's when THEY deem it to be a bash thread as others have pointed out. Venom gets a pass because he has developed a reputation to put umpteen thousand hours into playing the game as early and quickly as possible and then post a set of sliders that sometimes resonate with some players.... partially due to many guys don't want to fool around with developing slider sets themselves.

As far as opinions, those should only change when there is substantive evidence to counter your original stance. Simply shifting with the wind only makes for a "good" politician.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »