Home

NHL 2K10 Patch List

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Patch List within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #113
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 2K10 Patch List

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Evidence? What evidence? There is NO evidence from anyone as to why 2K isn't releasing the patch for the PS3. Everything everybody is saying bashing 2K is out of anger. I'll admit I was angry too at first, but what knowledge does anyone have of the reasoning for VC not having a PS3 patch? None, so all claims and accusations are pure speculation really.

As for anything else, my opinion has remained the same. I don't defend their lack of marketing, though I don't personally see it mattering that much, as it has no bearing on how the game actually plays. However, I understand the world desire to be enticed. Crap is still crap to me, no matter how good you make it look. Take McDonalds as a prime example. By looking at the pictures and seeing the commercials, you would think they have delicious Burgers. Then you taste them and find out differently. The game has flaws just as any other game, I've never denied that either.
Their HORRIBLE marketing cost them sales......

less sales= less money.
Less money for the PS3= NO patch
NO patch= gameplay IS affected for an entire console.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #114
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Their HORRIBLE marketing cost them sales......

less sales= less money.
Less money for the PS3= NO patch
NO patch= gameplay IS affected for an entire console.
Yeah but you're presenting logic which generally doesn't compute to people. I've been consistantly saying the lack of marketing since coming to next gen would eventually turn things the other way if the gameplay wasn't up to snuff (which it certainly hasn't been). EA stepped up, made an argueably better game and markets their titles as well as any publisher in the business. Oh and the key thing? EA now listens to the fan base and communicates and tries to make the game better. 2k you need a pass from Obama with a presidential seal on it to get any info prior to a week from store shelves pratically.

I also find it absolutely hilarous that people try to paint TakeTwo/2k as this small time little player. The're right at the top 5 when it comes to game publishers, GTA and Bioshock among other properties like the Civilization series have made them bundles of money. The're not this broke lil underdog people like to claim. If they wanted to support PS3 users they could, its just the game has failed at retail due to that same lack of marketing and the game not being where it should be at this point 5 years into this generation that makes it not cost effective to do a patch for the whole 1000 people if that, that purchased the PS3 version.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:50 AM   #115
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Yeah but you're presenting logic which generally doesn't compute to people. I've been consistantly saying the lack of marketing since coming to next gen would eventually turn things the other way if the gameplay wasn't up to snuff (which it certainly hasn't been). EA stepped up, made an argueably better game and markets their titles as well as any publisher in the business. Oh and the key thing? EA now listens to the fan base and communicates and tries to make the game better. 2k you need a pass from Obama with a presidential seal on it to get any info prior to a week from store shelves pratically.

I also find it absolutely hilarous that people try to paint TakeTwo/2k as this small time little player. The're right at the top 5 when it comes to game publishers, GTA and Bioshock among other properties like the Civilization series have made them bundles of money. The're not this broke lil underdog people like to claim. If they wanted to support PS3 users they could, its just the game has failed at retail due to that same lack of marketing and the game not being where it should be at this point 5 years into this generation that makes it not cost effective to do a patch for the whole 1000 people if that, that purchased the PS3 version.

I don't know how 2k works and if one team hbelps another team out ......like you alluded to.

the patch isn't out for the ps3 under 2 possibilities:

1) 2khockey genuinely is hurt with $$ and can't afford it

or

2) 2khockey gets help from 2k, but decided not to patch it.

Both possibilities are due to bad decisions by 2k or 2khockey. Lack of marketing and bad quality for the past 4 years cost them money thus no patch.

or 2k doesn't care enough for ps3 users eventhough they have the resources to get a patch out.

I'm leaning towards the 1st possibility......still 2k's fault though. nothing more , nothing less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 03:49 AM   #116
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
I don't know how 2k works and if one team hbelps another team out ......like you alluded to.

the patch isn't out for the ps3 under 2 possibilities:

1) 2khockey genuinely is hurt with $$ and can't afford it

or

2) 2khockey gets help from 2k, but decided not to patch it.

Both possibilities are due to bad decisions by 2k or 2khockey. Lack of marketing and bad quality for the past 4 years cost them money thus no patch.

or 2k doesn't care enough for ps3 users eventhough they have the resources to get a patch out.

I'm leaning towards the 1st possibility......still 2k's fault though. nothing more , nothing less.
2kSports is a wholely owned subsidiary of Take Two Interactive, if they wanted to spend the money needed to compete on the same level as EA Sports they could. Take Two just choses not to because they figure they can get by on last gen ports and milking what is esentially at its core an engine Sega built for its Dreamcast sports line just with layers upon layers of spit and polish and various engine tweaks. This is why their sports titles are in the position they are now, NHL and MLB especially. You can only build so long on a foundation before it starts to crumble from the weight and limitations of newer tech.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:14 AM   #117
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
2kSports is a wholely owned subsidiary of Take Two Interactive, if they wanted to spend the money needed to compete on the same level as EA Sports they could. Take Two just choses not to because they figure they can get by on last gen ports and milking what is esentially at its core an engine Sega built for its Dreamcast sports line just with layers upon layers of spit and polish and various engine tweaks. This is why their sports titles are in the position they are now, NHL and MLB especially. You can only build so long on a foundation before it starts to crumble from the weight and limitations of newer tech.
Which is the reason for the switch to VC, because Kush wasn't getting it done. Plain and simple if 2K truely wanted to end their MLB and Hockey series, they could have after the disbanding of Kush.

Love or hate NHL 2K10, Visual Concepts has already shown more promise with this game than Kush had 2K6-2K8. IF the 360 patch fixes the issues that were listed,effectively, this will easily be the most playable 2K Hockey game since 2K4. With or without a PS3 patch, if the 360 patch is effective, it's nothing but a good thing.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #118
Banned

OVR: 15

If 2k is in $$$ trouble it's because of an endless line of bad decisions, this is just another one.

Last edited by baseball66; 11-17-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #119
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Evidence? What evidence? There is NO evidence from anyone as to why 2K isn't releasing the patch for the PS3. Everything everybody is saying bashing 2K is out of anger. I'll admit I was angry too at first, but what knowledge does anyone have of the reasoning for VC not having a PS3 patch? None, so all claims and accusations are pure speculation really.

As for anything else, my opinion has remained the same. I don't defend their lack of marketing, though I don't personally see it mattering that much, as it has no bearing on how the game actually plays. However, I understand the world desire to be enticed. Crap is still crap to me, no matter how good you make it look. Take McDonalds as a prime example. By looking at the pictures and seeing the commercials, you would think they have delicious Burgers. Then you taste them and find out differently. The game has flaws just as any other game, I've never denied that either.
I never pointed to you directly (this time) and only made a general statement. However, since you put yourself out there somewhat, maybe before you pose an opinion (or pre-opinion) you should wait until you've "tasted the burger" for a while.

Speaking of which.... if there's a bug in my MickeyD's or it tastes like ****, I can take it back and get a full refund.

P.S. since 2K4? 2K4 tasted like ****.

Last edited by daflyboys; 11-17-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #120
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Too bad Take Two doesn't invest the same amount of money in 2K Sports as they do in Rockstar now, huh? You would have a point if that were the case. But, apparently, it's not. I'm sure that if the game sold more, they'd be willing to SPEND more on it. But the state of the product is such that you have to wonder - why throw good money after bad.

if you REALLY think that this patch would increase sales of the game, then lets see what happens with the 360. If the sales improve, I would bet they would do a PS3 patch. If not, I really don't see why they should continue to make a game that people obviously do not want.

I'm one of the very few people that prefer 2K over NHL 10. That's not to say I think it's better overall (2K is piss poor on features). But I think it plays a better game of hockey for a casual hockey guy like me. So I could be way off base due to ignorance. I do know this - competition is good for the genre. EA is pushing 2K after 4 years of 2K pushing EA. It would be a shame if that were to end. But why should 2K throw money at a title that's not selling? I know I wouldn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »