Home

NCAA Basketball 2010 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 2010 Review within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #65
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Basketball 2010 Review

I agree with a 6.0 on this game. Highly disappointed....I'll give it a little more of a chance but I think I'll probably be pulling back out my CH 2k8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #66
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
First time I've probably not agreed with a review on this site. I must be seeing a different game. 09 was bad this games a great step towards what we saw in Live 10. This game has the same feel and fun factor as another great ncaa basketball game of the past. Ch2k2.

I love the fact that this games presentation coupled with it's fairly decent animation set and framerate being fairly decent. not to mention that graphically it's better in some cases then NBA live 10.

Trust me Tomba's picky but a 6 this is not. last year? yeah this year? no...sorry
Old 11-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #67
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

that's a wierd place to put an antenna
Old 11-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #68
Rookie

BigKahuna_C's Arena

OVR: 5
The presentation and gameplay are pretty good. The thing they need to patch is the animation magnets. I hate driving the lane or the CPU drive the lane and any resistance or challenge goes into the same crazy shot one hander off balance crap. This is getting old and it happens every time!

Dynasty mode is improved but it seems way to easy to get recruits. You can pretty much land anyone that has at least a High or Highest interest level to your school. No challenge at all. Selection Sunday show is a joke at best.

This game is good for playing with a buddy, but as far as lasting appeal by yourself in Dynasty....F
Old 11-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #69
Rookie

pickupman91's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFAN
There is no way this game gets a 6.Are you kidding me, this game is a big jump from last. The gameplay alone should get a 7. Guys this is a good game!!!!!!!!!Every game is going to have its quirks, bottomline this game is fun as hell!!!!!!!!! People, reviews are opinions. No matter what games come out someone is going to bash it. Ea made huge steps from last year!!!!If I like a girl, I like her, I am not going to ask my friend well what do you think do you like her!! Reviews are so funny to me because over half of the guys who review sports games don't even like or play sports games!!! Go to any gamestore and ask most of the people who are at the desk about a sportsgame that just came out , they say I don't play sportsgames!!!!!! Reviews are a JOKE, if you played ncaa09 and ncaa10, ncaa10 is way better!!!!!!!!!!!! Cmon Son!!!!!!!!!
Not to sound like a 2k8 fanboy, and from what I played of 09 this is a big improvement especially presentation-wise. However, I don't think the comparison should be with NCAA 09 but with College Hoops 2k8. There are alot of players out there with 2k8 looking for EA to make a game at least on par if not better than 2k8 so they can update their college game. (I am one of them) Quite honestly I'm not that impressed with this game. If they could add the presentation and atmosphere of NCAA 10 to College Hoops, then you'd have a near perfect basketball game.

All authority of any kind...is the most destructive, evil thing. Leaders destroy the followers and followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary.
-- J. Krishnamurti
Old 11-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #70
Rookie

Jason2112's Arena

OVR: 19

I thought I nitpicked too much, but something must be in the air the past couple of days. I haven't played the game for an extensive amount of time yet, but I just really think EA did a good job on it. It's undoubtedly better than last years title (which I happened to wear out.) I'm just really confused as to why so many are bashing this game. I know that a video game can't be perfect, and I don't expect that, but I just think so far, it's a really solid game. Oh, and by the way, I couldn't even play NCAA FBall 10 this year because it was exactly the same game as 09 with some updates so I'm happy that NCAA BBall 10 has the new "feel" to it.

Last edited by Jason2112; 11-20-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #71
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17
NCAA10 a 6..... NHL2k9 an 8.. HMMMM- Interesting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
How about this guys

This isnt about a 2k fanboy, Playmakers, or anyone in particular.

If someone thinks a game isnt up to par they arent a fanboy, they just think it isnt up to par.

That said, STOP making this thread about any particular poster and focus on the review itself.
Wow!

I simply spoke about the reviews being basically on point with what i was seeing in the demo and all of sudden i've become a 2K fanboy or EA ***** overnight..............

I'm still playing Madden 10, NHL 10 and NCAA 10 so i can't have that much of a grudge or hate towards EA.

I just stated that their basketball titles this year just basically dissapointed me because of the flaws that have been around for several years now still existing. Obviously, I'm not delusional or making this stuff up or hating on EA because we now have professional game writters pointing out the same flaws in their reviews.

Not sure why people feel i'm hating on the game because like i said initially before the demo came out I was very excited about the possibilities of using this game to create a massive NCAA basketball legends roster file. But the demo gameplay killed it for me and the reviews i've read didn't help to change my mind about the game either.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 11-20-2009 at 11:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »