Home

Need For Speed NITRO Races Into Stores Today, Video and Screenshots Included

This is a discussion on Need For Speed NITRO Races Into Stores Today, Video and Screenshots Included within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Need For Speed NITRO Races Into Stores Today, Video and Screenshots Included

Take Home This Holiday’s Hottest Arcade Racer
for the Wii and Nintendo DS

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – November 3, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that the award-winning Need for Speed™ NITRO is in stores across North America and will hit store shelves in Europe on November 6. Developed specifically for the Wii™ and Nintendo DS™, Need for Speed NITRO brings an unrivaled sense of speed to the streets as players evade cops and take down competitors to become the world’s top racer.

“Need for Speed NITRO pushes the limits of racing on the Nintendo platforms to deliver the ultimate racer of the holiday,” said Joe Booth, Senior Producer. “With deep track designs and intense speeds, as well as accessible controls, NITRO promises insanely competitive races that will appeal to all levels of players.”

Need for Speed NITRO features a very diverse and impressive list of the world’s hottest muscle cars, exotics, and tuners including the Tesla Roadster, Pagani Zonda, Audi R8 and the Nissan Skyline. Players can custom-design their own ride with an incredibly deep yet intuitive visual customization system that lets players hit the streets in style with their personalized dream car. The game also includes unlockable cars that feature exclusive skins designed by lifestyle brands, tokidoki, Upper Playground and i am 8-bit.

Need for Speed NITRO delivers the thrill of high-speed racing to all types of gamers with exciting gameplay, accessible controls, and competitive multiplayer events including four player co-op career mode. Recently crowned IGN’s Best Racing Game on the Wii and Nintendo DS at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo, Need for Speed NITRO is this holiday's most fun and exciting arcade racing game.

Developed by EA Montreal, Need for Speed NITRO is available on the Wii and Nintendo DS and is rated E10+ by ESRB and 7+ by PEGI.

Platform: NDS / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Glad to finally see a Need For Speed on Wii that feels like it was actually developed for Wii. While I’m not sure how much replay value this will have for me long-term, in the short-term it’s providing some great, thrill-a-minute fun…I love how intense the speed feels in this game and overall I just enjoy playing an arcadey style racing game better than a realistic sim. Glad to see the cops are back, but I can't help but think it wouldn't have been that hard to add online play and make this game a huge hit. Oh well, guess that's how they'll get me to buy the next edition...

Also, props to EA for a great soundtrack, especially for the inclusion of Earl Greyhound’s “Oye Vaya” – it’s the perfect driving song.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »