Home

Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #25
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 10 Patch #2 Available, Impressions Here (360)

Will this patch affect online franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 4

More gameplay impressions... All-Madden - The good and the bad.

No doubt about it. The AI is playing the flats much better now. There is a definite improvement. They will close much quicker on most plays.

The hesitation put in the last patch so that players could catch you from behind is still there, but it is much smoother and not near as noticeable or herky-jerky. On replay you will notice it however. I am willing to let them slide on this as more players are now caught from behind which is much more realistic to me. If you play with Chris Johnson you may not be happy though.

I'm seeing more replays shown on big plays.

Chain gang first down decisions are still there and seem the same to me as before.

Likewise, the refs will still come in to confer at the goal line on close and not so close plays, even though on the play itself you saw your player run into the end zone by almost a yard or more.

Replays on these plays when the damn refs show up to confer are still cut off before you enter the endzone. :-(

Only one game to go by, but runners don't seem as hard to take down as they were before. They will still break tackles, but not as easily if being taken down by several players.

Most annoying/stupid thing in the game. Constant ad for Samsung HD TV Official sponsor of the NFL, which blocks out part of my picture on my Samsung HD TV.

Last edited by bomza; 12-10-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:38 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
Will this patch affect online franchise?
Of course.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 11

Great impressions guys, keep 'em coming

I plan to take a nap and then dive right into sim stats. Hopefully I will have something hammered out by mid-day (Left Coast Time).

I had a pretty good set pre-patch, and honestly the thing I was having the most trouble with was running back touchdowns and tackles, which appear to be the only things that they fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 12-10-2009, 07:43 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 10

Playing on all-pro. Default on 50 for everything. 65% fatigue. Skins against the saints. Drew is hitting the flats like crazy, the wide reciever is still getting that bust right before the catch to get that seperation. I have a ?, on CPU settings, is going right make it harder or going left? For user it says going left make it easier and right harder? Maybe i need to do some tweaking with the sliders, but right now on default, its broken, especially the flats. Also still no pass rush at all, the d-men still stick to the o-men, nomatter what u do. Im playing on default, 50 for everything. Can anybody help???
Old 12-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Playing on all-pro. Default on 50 for everything. 65% fatigue. Skins against the saints. Drew is hitting the flats like crazy, the wide reciever is still getting that bust right before the catch to get that seperation. I have a ?, on CPU settings, is going right make it harder or going left? For user it says going left make it easier and right harder? Maybe i need to do some tweaking with the sliders, but right now on default, its broken, especially the flats. Also still no pass rush at all, the d-men still stick to the o-men, nomatter what u do. Im playing on default, 50 for everything. Can anybody help???
Could you getting torn up have anything to do with you playing the freaking Saints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 12-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

With my slider set, the flats are only open if they should be. Im playing with the Titans and im using a base d for most plays and blitzing when neccessary and thats the only time the flats are open is when i leave them open.

Ive yet to see the qb hold onto to the ball. I have seen him throw it away, those are quick impressions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #32
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Default All pro.

I went into practice to test out the flats/hook zones.

CB's in cover 2 are playing the flat much better. The safety's sit a little deep in cover 2.

LB's playing the flat in cover 3 get there a lot quicker, but they do some odd things from time to time, even when the ball is thrown right at them.

Defenders in yellow hook zones are inconsistent from what I've seen. Just running drags underneath them, I've seen them react really well, and keep it to a 2-3 yard gain if caught, and I've also seen them not react at all. They still sit a little too deep to begin with.

LB's covering RB's in man to man on swing passes do take better angles, but if the tight end is on the same side as the RB, the LB will struggle.

I haven't seen any horrible pursuit angles yet.

Last edited by Jump; 12-10-2009 at 08:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »