Home

2K Sports Reveals the Final Fan Voting Results for the MLB 2K10

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Reveals the Final Fan Voting Results for the MLB 2K10 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #9
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: 2K Sports Reveals the Final Fan Voting Results for the MLB 2K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Seriously, these tools are focusing way too much on box art and coverboys and not enough on . . . *gulp* . . . game content.
I feel pretty confident that the people working on the nuts and bolts of the game aren't the same people who design cover graphics.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:27 PM   #10
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
I feel pretty confident that the people working on the nuts and bolts of the game aren't the same people who design cover graphics.

Unfortunately, they probably share the same level of knowledge regarding the actual sport of baseball.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Unfortunately, they probably share the same level of knowledge regarding the actual sport of baseball.
For the sake of 2k and 360 owners I hope this game is good. They know that they are in trouble and need to focus on making a good baseball game.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #12
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
For the sake of 2k and 360 owners I hope this game is good. They know that they are in trouble and need to focus on making a good baseball game.
Yep.

I think we can set our expectations in two ways:

1) This is technically VC's second year on this title, but really their first full year, and we'll finally get to see what direction this game is headed under their hands. We know that the 2K and NFL series have been top-noth with them at the seat. They may not have the resources, but hopefully the talent will make up for it.

2) 2K, who runs the show and calls the shots and has been in charge of putting people in charge of this product and has allowed it to basically suck for 4 straight years and still be released. With out the proper resources being made available, why would this year be any different.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Yep.

I think we can set our expectations in two ways:

1) This is technically VC's second year on this title, but really their first full year, and we'll finally get to see what direction this game is headed under their hands. We know that the 2K and NFL series have been top-noth with them at the seat. They may not have the resources, but hopefully the talent will make up for it.

2) 2K, who runs the show and calls the shots and has been in charge of putting people in charge of this product and has allowed it to basically suck for 4 straight years and still be released. With out the proper resources being made available, why would this year be any different.
People are going crazy in the show forum while this forum is dead. It would be smart to release a screen shot or a small piece of info because people are hyped about the show and don't even think about 2k10.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 12-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #14
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
People are going crazy in the show forum while this forum is dead. It would be smart to release a screen shot or a small piece of info because people are hyped about the show and don't even think about 2k10.
Yep...if I was in charge, I would provide info nearly year around...keep a constant buzz about the game.

Obviously baseball games aren't sold in December, but if you capture an audience early on and they like what they see, they may buy your product when otherwise they may have never given it a chance. I know they don't want to take anyting away from their other titels, but I see no harm in releasing a screen shot every week or so or dropping a develpop interview, etc.

However, if early reviews come out a week before the release and the game is awsome, you probably didn't lose much, but maybe some.

What is even more shocking to me is the ability to virally market your product all over the internet at nearly no cost that doesn't get taken advantage of.

They can argue that the cover athlete is a big deal and maybe it is to some people, but not here...95% of the people could care less and would rather just have some game info.

Last edited by Trevytrev11; 12-17-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Yep...if I was in charge, I would provide info nearly year around...keep a constant buzz about the game.

Obviously baseball games aren't sold in December, but if you capture an audience early on and they like what they see, they may buy your product when otherwise they may have never given it a chance. I know they don't want to take anyting away from their other titels, but I see no harm in releasing a screen shot every week or so or dropping a develpop interview, etc.

However, if early reviews come out a week before the release and the game is awsome, you probably didn't lose much, but maybe some.

What is even more shocking to me is the ability to virally market your product all over the internet at nearly no cost that doesn't get taken advantage of.

They can argue that the cover athlete is a big deal and maybe it is to some people, but not here...95% of the people could care less and would rather just have some game info.
The show has literally had about 10 articles already hinting at new features and 2k10 has a cover athlete announcement and how 2k is in trounle.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »