Home

EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden?

This is a discussion on EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #137
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: EA CEO Speaks of an Innovative and New Take on Madden?

Let's look at things this way. While many people predict that innovation from EA means a more arcade-based game, what arcade features do you think they could add to Madden? Would they give players 10 seconds in the pocket every play, decrease the pass rush, allow more broken tackles? How about add features like "big head mode"? I'm sure that the Madden developers aren't willing to go the arcade route. Besides, this would be a step backwards rather than a step forward. John Madden retired stating that he would spend more time with Madden NFL, giving suggestions and pointing out things that need to be in the game. If the Madden team is thinking about catering to non-football knowledgeable players, they will be doing a disservice to themselves. I'm sure that the current Madden team wants to make the best game that they can, because of self pride more than anything. Like I've already said, I wouldn't take this as a bad thing, especially at this time or jump to any conclusions this early.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #138
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaGrande
Innovative and new "take"...

Is it possible that EA is going to Co-Develop Madden 2011 with "Take" 2 or better known as "2k Sports"...

Grande'
Absolutely, and they'll be using the Euphoria engine when they do!
Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 3

This doesn't even mean it'll change the whole game, isn't EA's goal every year to make an innovation within the game?
Old 01-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #140
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
hey does anyone know if VC had a patent on their program where the cpu uses your tendancies against you. wouldn't that be cool if you played your buddy , then played against his tendancies in a cpu game to scout his game.
The VIP, doubtful. Definitely be a nice feature for M11.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #141
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Re: EA CEO Claims New Take on Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalu82
Not to turn this into a BB debate, but where have you been? BB has named their publisher(505 games) and have a spring 2010 release date. Check the BB section right here on OS.
Spring release? That's around April right? Coincidence? I think not!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #142
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: EA CEO Claims New Take on Madden

Loving the sarcasm in here

I'd be up for some rock solid gameplay and a new, fun view of the game. The NFL loves marketing personalities... get that personality in the game!

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 01-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #143
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I will just sit and hope innovation = new engine. I feel that is where the game can have its biggest impact in feeling different and innovative. I do not believe this will be the case as they state we will never see this coming, but one can always hope. The bottom line is Madden needs a change, the sales prove it. It has become stale whether we like to admit it or not, I will admit it and I still enjoy Madden and play it just about every night. I may not like the change they are about to make but it is probably a good thing in the long run for Madden.

I would have thought it was presentation but they did not give presentation from this year a true chance, cut-scenes did not work correctly, replays were screwed up, problems with team chants, and on and on.

I enjoy the speculation as it gives us something to do while we wait for the new game to release. So I am going to continue playing Madden 10 and hope for the best for Madden 11 while trying to keep my emotions in check as EA is great at hype, which I have learned over and over again.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #144
All Star

OVR: 21

I think a "new, innovative" approach is needed. I think the approach they seemed to take last year (trying to one-up NFL2K5) really wasn't what was needed. Taking that approach in 2005 or 2006 would've worked. In 2009 it just seemed silly (to still be behind a much older, last gen title in so many key areas). To this point the only thing that can be said Madden has shown innovation is maybe Pro-Tak, but most concede that the generic title Backbreaker will quickly surpass it in terms of how players interact/tackle. That'll leave Madden with having done next to nothing innovative for the time it's had exclusivity. Pretty bad.

I'm not sure what this new guy's background is or how he's improved/shown innovation with the titles he's worked on, but a fresh approach is needed. At this point Madden's success is predicated on EA eliminating any competitor that could be a threat versus the quality of the title itself. True innovation would bring fans back to the title more because they want to come back, and less because they don't have any other options.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »