Home

NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #89
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
im pretty sure you just press the square button at the menu screen
thats correct..

then, if you have sliders set up with the 1.00 version, just adjust in settings menu to use "latest".
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #90
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
anyone else seeing a variety of different save animations now? I only played one game, but I saw a bunch of different save animations I rarely saw with the 1.02 tuner. I even saw a couple break away from a couple glove save attempts. The puck seem much more lose around the goalies in this update. I like it so far.
Yes, I played four games online last night and saw many save animations I had never seen before or had seen rarely. The goalie reaction time now seem much more human and life-like. I've definitely seen a better variety of goals. I've seen some new checking animations also.

This tuner update really makes me want to play this game more often now. It might just pry me away from Fifa 10.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:00 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
I would love to, but that isn't one of the things that is set up to be changed with tuners.
what about the forechecking for offline play. Can that be fixed with the tuner? It feels like only 3-2 gets any kind of CPU forechecking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMars
I seem to hit more posts and crossbars that I think I should.

MrMars
I have never found a way to deal with this. I use manual aim and can't tell you how many crossbars and pipes I've hit. I mentioned in another thread 5+ a game and that is no exaggeration.

But your whole post in general, I think it would do you well to try lord of the rings sliders and use it on all-star. Go ahead and use manual passing too. They work pretty well especially if you use v1.01.

If you want to expiriment with 1.03 more I'm having the same passing out of the offensive zone issue. Same with draws. This happened before 1.01 came out. Only thing you can try is bumping up pass assist a bit. That should help. But some aspects of passing took a step backwards from the human controlled side.

CPU offense is better. But stick lift is too effective again though for the CPU.

And totally agree with whoever made the the Jody Shelley chasing Kane comment. I'm seeing that with attribute effects maxed and acceleration set to 2/1. Yikes.

I'll keep working on some sliders with 1.03 but after each offline game I'm tempted to go back to 1.01 with custom sliders.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:06 PM   #93
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

I played a couple games, one in exhibition and one in my GM mode. I lost 4-1 with Vancouver to New Jersey. Then I won 2-1 with Ottawa against the Islanders (GM). The CPU seemed more aggressive to me. The game isn't perfect, but it seemed that the CPU wasted less time in the neutral zone as well as shot the puck more as opposed to going into "ping pong" pass mode. I'm not saying that there weren't any instances where the CPU skated back and forth repeatedly before dumping or that the CPU didn't make laser passes around the perimeter, it just seemed to happen less. I am also currently using QB's sliders from the "hardcore passing" thread.
I'm not sure the goalies have been looser to me so far, but that could be play style differences. I've no idea how the intangibles affect GM mode either, if they have any effect. I like the AI changes I've seen and haven't needed to change anything yet, so kudos to the NHL team.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman

I'll keep working on some sliders with 1.03 but after each offline game I'm tempted to go back to 1.01 with custom sliders.
I'll give those sliders you mentioned a shot, but wasn't v1.01 where the goalies were virtually unbeatable?. (picked up the game late never tried v1.01)

MrMars
Old 01-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman
I have never found a way to deal with this. I use manual aim and can't tell you how many crossbars and pipes I've hit. I mentioned in another thread 5+ a game and that is no exaggeration.

But your whole post in general, I think it would do you well to try lord of the rings sliders and use it on all-star. Go ahead and use manual passing too. They work pretty well especially if you use v1.01.

If you want to expiriment with 1.03 more I'm having the same passing out of the offensive zone issue. Same with draws. This happened before 1.01 came out. Only thing you can try is bumping up pass assist a bit. That should help. But some aspects of passing took a step backwards from the human controlled side.

CPU offense is better. But stick lift is too effective again though for the CPU.

And totally agree with whoever made the the Jody Shelley chasing Kane comment. I'm seeing that with attribute effects maxed and acceleration set to 2/1. Yikes.

The Kaner comment was me sorry for the ramble but I was typing during playing time in my 3rd game .
Now I agree with you and Mars comments and I wish i could save multiple slider settings to tweak them but it only has one save so Im sticking with 2 for now .
Im mean im liking V2 tuner and v3 intrigues me challenge wise but why should I tweak V3 to play like V2 for a few animations and I dislike that over aggressive cpu AI almost robotic and and all players at least speed wise are them same but to be fair stars do score most of there goals which is nice .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMars
I'll give those sliders you mentioned a shot, but wasn't v1.01 where the goalies were virtually unbeatable?. (picked up the game late never tried v1.01)

MrMars
v1.01 I get good varied scoring. The common complaint with v1.01 is that the CPU isn't aggressive enough. But I've not found that to be the case, using custom sliders that is. In all tuners the goalies are pretty unbelievable, but 1.01 offline-speaking has the most human goals, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »