Home

NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman
v1.01 I get good varied scoring. The common complaint with v1.01 is that the CPU isn't aggressive enough. But I've not found that to be the case, using custom sliders that is. In all tuners the goalies are pretty unbelievable, but 1.01 offline-speaking has the most human goals, IMO.
Juiceman would you mind posting your sliders? I would appreciate it greatly! Thank you in advance!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

For a first attempt, the boardplay we've got right now isn't too bad. It's not perfect, but it's definitely a lot better than not having it at all.

From the few games I've played, the puck seems a lot looser now and goalies don't seem nearly as robotic.

Only complaint I have is that the stupid "wind up" wrist shot taken from just above the hashmarks still fools the goalie way too easily, even without a screen in place.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #99
Hall Of Fame

Also, am I just seeing things or is there now a feature that adjusts the jersey colors mid-game if both teams come out in white?

Could've sworn I just played a game where both teams were white coming out but one team somehow switched to darks mid-way through.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:53 AM   #100
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I've played a few more games now with 1.03, and for me, I'm convinced the game is the better for it.

Playing on All-Star hardcore [with slightly adjusted sliders] the game just feels better to me than before. The cpu defense is pretty sound now, and not easily fooled out of position. It's difficult for me to get in deep, to get a good scoring chance. But when I do get a great scoring chance...that alone is pretty satisfying. Let alone burying one.

I'm also enjoying that the goalies are now playing more realistically, and less robotic than before. So far...I'm not really scoring that much more, but the chances are there.

Imo, the last piece of the NHL puzzle for the game to achieve near greatness, would be...if User/Cpu were much more often forced to dump the puck in. And of course improve the fore checking ability. I suppose that type of gameplay may not have mass appeal. But it sure would move the game even closer to simulation. Just a thought but, I'd like to see that type of gameplay be apart of the hardcore setting.

But as is...I'm really enjoying NHL10. For me, it's a great and interesting challenge. And it's pretty cool that EA Canada is still doing what they can to support the game.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:49 AM   #101
Banned

Yep EA support for this game is great and the tuners are incredible function
As this game is alot better then its made out to be from 09 , It just does so much correctly with TONS of gameplay options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 03:28 AM   #102
Banned

Ok tried these again in cup mode after a long nap and just tons of side slot rebounds goals and deflections late in games or at key times for both kinda off legs , sticks ect and then in net game tied ?
Hate the return of the bouncey slot /corner puck !
Alot of seesaw goals at the end of games they score i score they score stuff the cpu also wins alot of faceoffs even at O diff , maybe its to improve time possesion ?.
while I like the cpu more aggressive style I dont know if these will work for me as my main issue is cpu tic tac toe speed pass and im playing 0 game speed with my Pass Int at 6 and cpu pass Acc at 0 , love the cpu aggressiveness add a real hockey touch but I miss getting a few clean breaks once in a while .
I maxed my cpu attribute to 6 but my skater still feels unbalanced with poor response to boot shot block pass lanes .
But man if you want a challenge there a blast something just keeps bringing me back so many choices .
Im gonna try my V2 next to see which is best for me .

EDIT: YEAH V2 is more for me with my sliders

Last edited by dorismary; 01-30-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:49 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 4
Even after this recent update, computer goalies should be toned down

The main point should be to make it more of a reward for having a human goalie. Make the team that didn't want to risk a human goalie take more of a penalty: i.e. make the goalie A.I. much worse than it currently is.

Perhaps even completely nuke the goalie A.I. on the OTP side...the worse that happens is that people complain at first, but then they'll adjust when teams necessarily have to start playing a human goalie,.

The greatest benefit would be that this would provide more incentive for players to use human goalies in OTP, therefore making OTP games more exciting. This is a key point in regards to improving the overall OTP experience because we all know it's a drag playing a computer goalie...even if you're winning. For example, in 400+ games I've never seen someone score on a breakaway or penalty shot vs the computer.

Also, this would benefit league play greatly as a 6-man team wouldn't be limited to only seeking other 6-man teams...the purpose of this being that no one wants to currently pit a human goalie vs a computer goalie. If computer goalies' abilities are greatly reduced, 6-man teams will be more willing to play 4 and 5-man teams that need to employ a human goalie.

So that's my opinion, I know it's a pipe dream but it can't hurt to just throw my idea out there. Thoughts?

Last edited by 99ovr; 01-30-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #104
Banned

OVR: 0

I played one game in my BAGM with the new patch and it was going well. I liked the flow. There was a really tough fight for the puck going on from corner to corner for awhile and then passed into the slot for a goal. It felt rewarding, i really was fighting the AI. Then a few minutes later it froze! i never had NHL 10 freeze on me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »