Home

NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 10 Roster Update 7 and Tuner Set 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here

Redshirt,

I'd just like to thank you for everything you do here keeping us informed and helping us out.

You guys do a wonderful job of providing your customers with what they want. As a result NHL 10 is the best EA title in their entire library, and probably one of the BEST sports titles ever made.

Thanks.

Also, I've been having a problem with stuttering during gameplay. It tends to happen as the camera follows the puck/skater up and down between the blue lines. I noticed this a bit before the update, but I've noticed it a lot more since. The only other thing I changed was importing some custom music. Has anyone brought up anything about custom music causing a stutter problem? It seems to me more likely than the new tuner causing it....

Matt
Old 01-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #114
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2053
Also, I've been having a problem with stuttering during gameplay. It tends to happen as the camera follows the puck/skater up and down between the blue lines. I noticed this a bit before the update, but I've noticed it a lot more since. The only other thing I changed was importing some custom music. Has anyone brought up anything about custom music causing a stutter problem? It seems to me more likely than the new tuner causing it....

Matt
Assuming this is offline you could set it back to V1.02 and if that improves it then I'd say it is V1.03. Which camera are you using? Also what platform? (Reply by PM I guess).
Old 01-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 24

Getting some extended time in offline season mode I found the new tuner not as polished as the 1.02 tuner (and I guess my imaginary update from 2 weeks ago). The gameplay seems muddier (for lack of a better word). There is less space and less flow and the puck physics or the rebounds don't seem as dynamic.

I don't find the AI harder (in fact easier) nor the goalies easier. The variety of goals seem the same and I have the same success scoring although the AI defense seems tighter but 1.02 just seems like cleaner gameplay. The big negative with 1.03 is the AI seems alot less creative entering the zone and I have double the successful hipchecks than I did with 1.02 as the AI is more predictable rushing the zone down the wing and do it more often than before. The AI's total time in my end is alot less than before. As a result the AI goals seem cheaper as there is less sustained pressure in my zone by them.

I'll stick with my boosted 1.02 because for the last 2 weeks the gameplay has continued to remain top notch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 16

Played a few more games since I got home with 1.03, and I still see the goalie AI do horrible things. Puck is passed across the crease and instead of poke checking the puck or covering it up, the goalie skates AWAY from it, allowing another cheap goal.

This isn't a matter of the user playing "better defense", it's a matter of the goalie AI being "dumbed" down. The positioning is just poor. The tape to tape passes by the CPU have increased even though I have CPU Pass accuracy at 1. There is no "human error" in the CPU passing, and this causes the CPU to just score whenever it decides the game needs to be close. I just don't get this game anymore.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:58 AM   #117
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Played a few more games since I got home with 1.03, and I still see the goalie AI do horrible things. Puck is passed across the crease and instead of poke checking the puck or covering it up, the goalie skates AWAY from it, allowing another cheap goal.

This isn't a matter of the user playing "better defense", it's a matter of the goalie AI being "dumbed" down. The positioning is just poor. The tape to tape passes by the CPU have increased even though I have CPU Pass accuracy at 1. There is no "human error" in the CPU passing, and this causes the CPU to just score whenever it decides the game needs to be close. I just don't get this game anymore.
I'm not seeing this at all on my allstar sliders. The ping pong passing by the CPU seems to be toned right down and the game feels slightly scrappier and more natural. I've only played three games with this new tuner and the variation has been great. 5-1 win, 1-2 shootout loss and a 4-2 come from behind win where all of my goals came in the final ten minutes.

I hope you can find the fun again. And hopefully I can maintain it.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:31 AM   #118
MVP

Can you PM me your slider set you're using?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:56 AM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
Assuming this is offline you could set it back to V1.02 and if that improves it then I'd say it is V1.03. Which camera are you using? Also what platform? (Reply by PM I guess).
Good idea. I'm on 360. I will test tomorrow with 1.02 and 1.03, with and without custom music, and PM you my results if there is a problem.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:22 AM   #120
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547

Because we play the same way Steven I pretty much agree with what you say did you also notice the Cpu speed upgrade ?
As I said earlier the Cpu seems to have gotten a overall boost across the board on this tuner and when they wanna score they will .
I guess people have to remember these tuners are really meant to deal with online issues first and foremost .

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »