Home

Mike Wang Returns to 2K Sports: NBA 2K Series (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Mike Wang Returns to 2K Sports: NBA 2K Series (ESPN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #121
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Mike Wang Returns to 2K Sports: NBA 2K Series (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
The most important thing about this news is what he said in his qoute about EA going in a deferent direction....

This is hugh for me, its like getting your girl friend to admit that she is cheating on you...Before she admitted it, you knew she was but were just to naive to realize it....

EA aint going sim...

Its clear now

Thanks
i think they are going sim but some guys just cant play the game of blatantly lying to fans, live 11 was going to be live 10.5 and some devs want to do more with their creative abilities and also remember this guy is part of a team maybe he wanted to run a set offense and the suits at ea wants the franchise to jack up 3's i dont think its ea changing direction

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #122
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: ESPN: Mike Wang returns to 2K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yeah it's legit. I just opened up a new tab, went to ESPN and it's there. Wow @ what you quoted. This has me worried big time about Madden 11 now.
I don't think you have to worry about Madden as that game is the #1 seller in it's department. They can make that game as sim or as arcade as they choose since there is no one to lose their audience to. Live on the other hand is not and they are playing catch up to 2k right now. They may be in panic mode about how to shape the product.

Good to see Mike back, but like others said he was giving 2k flack not to long ago about not being able to do what he wanted over at 2k due to outdated tools and animations. If he can improve the playcalling/execution on the court he will take 2k11 even higher. Hopefully this is a year of tweaking and fixing not just adding more new modes..More modes..More problems.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #123
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I don't think you have to worry about Madden as that game is the #1 seller in it's department. They can make that game as sim or as arcade as they choose since there is no one to lose their audience to. Live on the other hand is not and they are playing catch up to 2k right now. They may be in panic mode about how to shape the product.

Good to see Mike back, but like others said he was giving 2k flack not to long ago about not being able to do what he wanted over at 2k due to outdated tools and animations. If he can improve the playcalling/execution on the court he will take 2k11 even higher. Hopefully this is a year of tweaking and fixing not just adding more new modes..More modes..More problems.
You did not just say that did you? Number 1# Madden lol, it's easy to be number one when there is no competition because you bought the exclusive rights to a game. Mikes big objection with 2k when he left was that he felt that they had pushed there engine to its limit, which they proved wrong with 2k10 it's going to be interesting to see what Mike and Rob come up with this year, now that Mike has a inside view on the direction Live is heading this year.

Last edited by coolcras7; 02-02-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #124
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

I am one of those gamers who likes "alternatives" this news, IMO, rips that away for the foreseeable future.

EA was close this year. It's a shame...SMH
Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #125
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
You did not just say that did you? Number 1# Madden lol, it's easy to be number one when there is no competition because you bought the exclusive rights to a game.

That's precisely what he said:

"They can make that game as sim or as arcade as they choose since there is no one to lose their audience to."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #126
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
I am one of those gamers who likes "alternatives" this news, IMO, rips that away for the foreseeable future.

EA was close this year. It's a shame...SMH
So were there no alternatives when he was with VC before?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #127
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
That's precisely what he said:

"They can make that game as sim or as arcade as they choose since there is no one to lose their audience to."
Thank you CX. Good to see some here practice reading comprehension.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #128
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
So were there no alternatives when he was with VC before?
My point is, this year was the first time in this next gen era that we had a remotely decent "alternative" to 2K. His move to EA this year was largely responsible for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »