Home

MLB '10: The Show Screenshots, Batch #2 (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Screenshots, Batch #2 (Pasta Padre) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show Screenshots, Batch #2 (Pasta Padre)

I'm wanna say a couple things to the people who are complaining.

If you can't enjoy this video game because your favorite team's stadium walls / uniform colors are slightly the wrong shade / hue or the scoreboard isn't 100% accurate, then that's your problem.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but some of you are being ridiculous. You know they work on lots of other things beside the stadiums all year, so why would you even think that every stadium is gonna be 100% accurate to reality ?
Old 02-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #90
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I'm wanna say a couple things to the people who are complaining.

If you can't enjoy this video game because your favorite team's stadium walls / uniform colors are slightly the wrong shade / hue or the scoreboard isn't 100% accurate, then that's your problem.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but some of you are being ridiculous. You know they work on lots of other things beside the stadiums all year, so why would you even think that every stadium is gonna be 100% accurate to reality ?
there's nothing wrong with people wanting everything about their favorite team to be 100% spot on correct. Thats why the word fan is short for fanatic. And there is nothing wrong with people pointing out the shortcomings, its the way that people go about it sometimes that is whats wrong.

There's a fine line between point out the shortcomings and asking them to be fixed and pointing out the shortcomings and demanding them to be fixed. And sometimes, the chosen words people use, cloud that fine line, or at times...cross it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #91
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan80

I appreciate SCEA's work but the shade of green in the LaPorta pic is not even close to the pic above....and no led scoreboard is a big disappointment for us Indians fans...maybe next year. It doesn' appear they worked on this stadium since 07??
same issue as the coliseum in 09... havent seen a 10 pic of it... so im wondering if that was fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
there's nothing wrong with people wanting everything about their favorite team to be 100% spot on correct. Thats why the word fan is short for fanatic. And there is nothing wrong with people pointing out the shortcomings, its the way that people go about it sometimes that is whats wrong.

There's a fine line between point out the shortcomings and asking them to be fixed and pointing out the shortcomings and demanding them to be fixed. And sometimes, the chosen words people use, cloud that fine line, or at times...cross it.
I agree with ya. I just think sometimes people can be very ungrateful. I understand that we pay $60 for the game, which gives us some right to ask for things to be changed or added into the game, but with the way this country is governed around money hungry corporations, we're lucky to even have game developers that listen / interact with us on a personal level.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #93
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5
What's a correct critique? One that only lauds SCEA for getting things right? Absolutely not. Pointing out inconsistancies and issues on this forum is the only way to voice our requests and suggestions.

We are very lucky to have a developer actually take the time to interface with us as SCEA does. That said, I'm going to take every opportunity to point out things I think need updated. The Show has consistently been one of the best video game experiences on the market. These changes would only improve the product by lending another level of realism.

Obviously these changes won't be made for 2010, but if they are identified now, maybe they can be included next year. This would never happen is SCEA wasn't so open to suggestions from this community. That I will applaud SCEA for.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
What's a correct critique? One that only lauds SCEA for getting things right? Absolutely not. Pointing out inconsistancies and issues on this forum is the only way to voice our requests and suggestions.

We are very lucky to have a developer actually take the time to interface with us as SCEA does. That said, I'm going to take every opportunity to point out things I think need updated. The Show has consistently been one of the best video game experiences on the market. These changes would only improve the product by lending another level of realism.

Obviously these changes won't be made for 2010, but if they are identified now, maybe they can be included next year. This would never happen is SCEA wasn't so open to suggestions from this community. That I will applaud SCEA for.
Well said, as long as it's done with taste and not any maliciousness it's fine.

However, some people on here see the slightest criticism towards SCEA and completely freak out about it.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #95
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan80

I appreciate SCEA's work but the shade of green in the LaPorta pic is not even close to the pic above....and no led scoreboard is a big disappointment for us Indians fans...maybe next year. It doesn' appear they worked on this stadium since 07??
I hear ya man. I am very disappointed. But, we can hope for next year. If I get to go to community day I will make sure its fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 05:17 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 7

you guys are complaining...over a scoreboard?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »