Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Questions for Developers After Playing Demo?

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Questions for Developers After Playing Demo? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Where's the pitch out button, the cut-off button (not the relay which is already there, but cutting it off after it's thrown), how come I can't warm up / substitute pitchers or put in a pinch hitter?

And isn't there a better way to select the runner than the horrible "A cycles through them all" functionality?
Old 02-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Questions for Developers After Playing Demo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80
Where's the pitch out button, the cut-off button (not the relay which is already there, but cutting it off after it's thrown), how come I can't warm up / substitute pitchers or put in a pinch hitter?

And isn't there a better way to select the runner than the horrible "A cycles through them all" functionality?
I am pretty sure that the cut-off button is LB..not sure though. As for the warm up/substitute..i think it is because it is only a demo.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 12

MLB 2K has come a long way. I really like what I see in the demo. This could be the one for 2K. You guys really nailed the feel of baseball and I think the game will give the Show a run for it's money. Nice variety of hits and action in the game. I played the demo for a few HOURS today while talking with some friends in chat. But that's not to say there are some gripes guys.

I've seen some strange things. For one, I had Cano routinely running to 3rd on a single. Cool right, well he got there but about 5 feet from the bag I saw him do a weird half circle move before actually getting to the base. I also had Jeter busting it to 3rd and he got there safe but it seemed he was caught dead to rights but (not having the benefit of replay) it seemed like the 3rd baseman actually tried to tag an imaginary Jeter to his right thereby missing the real Jeter sliding in front of him which made Jeter safe. I don't know if that was supposed to be a bobble animation or what but it looked like he had the ball and was waiting for Jeter to slide into the tag and at the last second moved the glove. Stange. Also the jaggies are everywhere. Close ups look good but regular cameras are jagged to death. I'm not being funny but when I looked that the pitcher's mound I swear this is what came to my mind in an instant

The mound actually looks like it has steps on either side. I hope this can all be worked out with a patch.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingMets
I am pretty sure that the cut-off button is LB..not sure though. As for the warm up/substitute..i think it is because it is only a demo.
You can throw to the cutoff man from the outfield with LB, but if you've already thrown it and want to cutoff the throw, not possible. And yeah I'm sure some of it is because it's a demo, but still. What's the point of a demo with that stuff cut out exactly? It doesn't give a good first impression.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80
You can throw to the cutoff man from the outfield with LB, but if you've already thrown it and want to cutoff the throw, not possible. And yeah I'm sure some of it is because it's a demo, but still. What's the point of a demo with that stuff cut out exactly? It doesn't give a good first impression.
Oh, then I honestly have no idea.

I guess they figured that substituting/pitching changes were unneeded because it was only 3 innings, i don't know though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Overall amazing what you guys did with a whole year under your belts to give us this game, if you could I was interested to know after playing the demo is this a early build or finished code. The other question I have is along with the check swing patch what else are you looking to improve in the first patch... Thanks for the improvements.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
The mound actually looks like it has steps on either side. I hope this can all be worked out with a patch.
That's because the DEMO has NO Anti-Aliasing. The jaggies are very evident. Makes you wonder if this is what were gonna get @ launch. I really hope this Senior Producer wasn't selling us dreams when he mentioned they worked hard to get rid of the jaggies..

Quote:
Mark Little: We made big improvements to the visual quality on the PS3 (and 360 for that matter). We definitely reduced the jaggies and sizzle in the game, but we didn't stop there. We also improved many other areas like players, lighting and overall color balance.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #24

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
That's because the DEMO has NO Anti-Aliasing. The jaggies are very evident. Makes you wonder if this is what were gonna get @ launch. I really hope this Senior Producer wasn't selling us dreams when he mentioned they worked hard to get rid of the jaggies..
I would be very surprised if the jaggies in the shadows are removed in the retail version. I expect them to be there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »