Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #761
Rookie

yopis's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...I think the website's state is a really poor example of what you're trying to say, but I see your point and it's perfectly reasonable.

I do agree that it's a shame for those who don't have online, but I'm a bit torn on this subject in general. On the one hand, games should definitely be in the best possible state upon release, no question.

On the other hand, their are some harsh realities to contend with...particularly for these annually released games. Time, priorities, etc are all constrictive. Plus, these consoles were promoted and advertised for their online capability. This is also the known direction of software (and has actually been that way for YEARS on the PC) as a whole. Anyone who gets these expensive entertainment systems should probably understand what they are getting into at this point.

None of this "excuses" these bugs, etc but it is the unfortunate reality of this particular industry. Like it or not, bugs do happen (and lots of them) for EVERY game. I think frustration exceeds realistic expectations for these games. These bugs are tough for some people to swallow sure, but think of all the games that are 3-4 year productions and are released with as many or more bugs that require patching.

Personally, while I get frustrated with bugs (particularly carry overs from year to year) I am more concerned with how efficiently they're addressed. If all games release with bugs, then what separates developers is how they respond. That is likely why you have so many people jumping to the defense of SCEA in this regard as they have always responded extremely well.
I dont think it's a poor point but your welcome to think what you will.I think from a company standpoint, this year was sloppy.I think the devs have a passion for the game and all that good stuff but, things got messy this year.I know that every game has bugs, it's always been that way and will always be that way to an extent.Again not trying to kick a dead horse but with everything being off schedule and an overabundance of killer bugs things are wild.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #762
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopis
I dont think it's a poor point but your welcome to think what you will.I think from a company standpoint, this year was sloppy.I think the devs have a passion for the game and all that good stuff but, things got messy this year.I know that every game has bugs, it's always been that way and will always be that way to an extent.Again not trying to kick a dead horse but with everything being off schedule and an overabundance of killer bugs things are wild.
Where are the overbundance's off killer bugs? I haven't seen any that warrant that statement and I've played over 25 full games now in franchise.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #763
Rookie

OVR: 7

I just got the game. How do I download the latest roster update that fixes everything?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #764
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
I just got the game. How do I download the latest roster update that fixes everything?
the latest roster update only fixes the player potential bug. Everything else will be fixed via a patch that has a yet to be determined date.

To d/l the latest roster update, login to Sportsconnect and one of the tabs(sorry don't remember which one) has the option to save roster update. Choose that, save roster, and you're ready to go.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #765
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone know when the SCEA team gets back?

Id really love to see patch by opening day to get started with my chise at that time.

Game is great but needs some major things fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #766
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly54
Anyone know when the SCEA team gets back?

Id really love to see patch by opening day to get started with my chise at that time.

Game is great but needs some major things fixed
http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/03/09...the-show-patch

sorry. It's gonna be a while. Though some of the suggestions that I've found on OS about controlling all 30 teams, using separate profiles, putting trades on manual, etc., have really saved franchise for me and I'm having a blast.

#GoPackGo
Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #767

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator

sorry. It's gonna be a while. Though some of the suggestions that I've found on OS about controlling all 30 teams, using separate profiles, putting trades on manual, etc., have really saved franchise for me and I'm having a blast.
Wow, Im patient and all and fully expected this to be out sometime in early to mid April but the idea that the patch might not hit until the end of April or later really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Waiting for Knights rosters is one thing but waiting on this is entirely different. I will continue to use the 30 teams setup and hope that once the patch hits we wont have to restart.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #768
Rookie

OVR: 4
Unhappy Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator

lame...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »