Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameflow. Gameplanning. Locomotion.

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameflow. Gameplanning. Locomotion. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 11:59 PM   #89
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Developer Series - Gameflow. Gameplanning. Locomotion.

Games do take too long to play.

45-60 minutes for 1 single game is far too long. And when you factor in opponent disconnects and just doesn't seem worth it.

Quicker is definitely good.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:01 AM   #90
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Locomotion and the catch debugging tool....

Not revealed yet, but planned...

Probably not in, big bummer....(seriously)

2/3 Pretty good, though 5/3 should be their goal every year. Like NCAA, they've added 5 improvements from the survey when they said pick your top 3. Everyone expected 3 improvements.
Maybe I was too broad...

Animations: With this new Locomotion, I still see PLENTY of gliding & sliding (no footplanting) in their gameplay footage. Better looking strides & running animations mean nothing with all the animation glitches I've seen that Madden actually approved to put video out to showcase. It's very worrisome.

Franchise Improvements: People voiced they wanted roles back, they want 80 man rosters to cut thru during preseason, none of this seems to be addressed are even in their plans. Maybe they do plan on giving us more info on this later, but they are pushing these lil' features so hard it seems like that's all they've worried about working on heavily.

This is what the Madden community voiced they wanted addressed. But so far, it seems to fall on deaf ears. Instead they push how they're trying to make the games shorter which is something nobody and I mean no body I've ever seen in these forums or anywhere had a concern about...it's so frustrating. GrRRRRrrrRRrrRrr!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 3
I liked the playcall system like it is, is there going to be a way to turn this crap off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #92
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Games do take too long to play.

45-60 minutes for 1 single game is far too long. And when you factor in opponent disconnects and just doesn't seem worth it.

Quicker is definitely good.
thats why i dont play online... that and the fact that its hard to get a real sim game online playing against another user.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #93
MVP

OVR: 21

Anyone one know ?

How does "game flow" ...flow with accelerated clock ? When do your men actually line up and how much time do they leave you to make adjustments to what you see the defense doing ?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 AM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Anyone one know ?

How does "game flow" ...flow with accelerated clock ? When do your men actually line up and how much time do they leave you to make adjustments to what you see the defense doing ?
I never thought of that...I think gameflow eliminates any use for an accelerated clock since games are only 30 minutes now. I guess if you combine the two your games would be even shorter.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:41 AM   #95
MVP

OVR: 11

looked smoother w/better animations than last year but the skating on the field has got to go. there was tons of sliding and gliding. it reminded me of the way the madden games moved on the genesis/snes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 01:34 AM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like the gameplan feature alot. Different packages like 3rd and short etc. It's a pretty cool addition to Madden.

Mapping all the controls to the analog stick is a smart and logical idea.

Gameflow and the whole voice over coach thing looks corny as hell. This whole shorten the game thing is a gimmick and not even really a pressing need to improve Madden.

These are early builds so I don't want to bury it yet but to me the running does not look natural. Maybe I am in the minority here but I just don't like what I have seen so far. The runner's movement does not look natural. It looks like what it is. An animation tech thrown on top of the gameplay engine. It likes throwing an extra slab of paint on an old car. If the car still runs poorly, who cares what the new color is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »