Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #201
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Leg kick him for 5 rounds then waive around fightmetric stats on the internet even though the judges said you lost.

Anyone having a problem with his takedowns? There's complaints everywhere else that they're unstoppable giving or reciving.

Am I the only one that tried CPU vs. CPU and only saw unrealistic non-sense? It's like every fight is Sanchez/Guida or Griffin/Bonnar x5. That was on expert. I tried one on beginner and it seemed a bit more realistic.

Too bad this game doesn't have sliders or anything like that.

Speed -70
KO power -80
Ref stand ups -95 (or +95 depending how you're looking at it)
AI agressiveness -50

Then it'd be great. As is I feel like I should be inserting quaters after every fight to play the next one. There doesn't seem to be any pacing,I try to play with some but they just keep coming (that's yet to work out for them,I'll try some of the other difficulties besides whatever the default was and hope that makes a difference) and you can't GSP someone and you sure as heck can't Jon Fitch someone.
My Lyoto/Rampage fight was pretty much a Fitch/GSP crawl pace. Get on top of Rampage, he won't try to transition or get you off of him, he'll just hold on until the Ref stands you up. Rinse and repeat.

(The ref should be standing us up, too, as Lyoto isn't able to transition when Rampage holds on..)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #202
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
can you knock a guy out with a straight cross? or only hooks and uppercuts? I have yet to see a KO with a cross
Machida knocked me out with a straight cross but I think only certain fighters can do it.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #203
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I was getting killed on Advanced, so I said let me see what happens on Expert. I did a tourney with Machida. I destroyed Rampage. I rocked him with an elbow comb that was brutal in round 1. I wasn't able to end the fight though. Then in round 2 I got mount and was able to open up and knocked him out. Then came Rau. It was back and forth in round 1. Both getting position on the ground and doing some damage. In round 2, I got him on the ground, got mount and did some damage. He got back up and we fought some more until I ended it with a kick to the head.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #204
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
here's what i don't get (I'll pause like you said though)

lets say I had MT plum and the opponent transitions until he has double underhooks, then I transition maybe until I have double underhooks - at this point If I'm Rua, and I do a transition, I'm pretty sure that means I will attempt a takedown. I would like to try to transition from double underhooks to the plum though. I'm also unsure if I can transition block manually from the clinch and if the reason it seems so difficult is because I'm being transition countered from the clinch?

playing on advanced I've lit some people up, but against rampage it's useless it seems - I"m not sure if he's just transition spamming or if he's countering (clinch sweep).

I'm really getting a good hold of everything else and able to win on advanced now - I still stand behind thinking it's ridiculous that you can't 1-2 though,...if that was there and the controls were as responsive as last year it would be a legendary game.
You can still definitely 1-2. but you shouldn't throw it until you see an opening. I knocked Rampage the **** out with a counter 1-2. it was freaking awesome.
I also got knocked out by rampage with an uppercut that almost lifted me off the floor, it was a thing of beauty.

I think stamina might be turned off in the demo, not sure because last year you could only throw so many punches before you got gassed.
That doesn't seem to be happening in this demo. Which is why Rampage on Expert is a Uber beast. I have yet to get close to beating him on expert.

There was also a quick oh **** moment when I tried slamming Rampage with Rua from the clinch and he ended up landing on top of me in the mount position. Within seconds he was pounding my face in for a TKO.
It happened in the blink of an eye. Soo realisic, and did not see it last year.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:49 PM   #205
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Yeah I love how the ratings matter... it was very tough to take Rashad down with anyone but Rampage unless I caught him swinging or kicking and got the auto-takedown. Machida wasn't tackling anyone, which is cool. Noticed the ratings on the ground as well... like others have said, Rampage wants NONE of the ground game, pretty cool how differently they all act. Can't wait to try out the full roster and see what special moves and transitions guys have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #206
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Guys, I think the demo speed is accelerated..Check out how fast the clock is moving during the rounds, I wonder if something messed up during the demo creation...
Old 04-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #207
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

I'm getting better results on expert. Clinch battle is better, but still there are too many takedown attempts.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #208
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Guys, I think the demo speed is accelerated..Check out how fast the clock is moving during the rounds, I wonder if something messed up during the demo creation...
I noticed that on the CPU fights, but didn't pay much attention during the my fights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »