Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #505
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Yeah that hook seem to be wrestler specific, Rampage and Rashad have it. While Rashad can only hook and swing you to the side, Rampage can literally toss you with that move. So maybe rampage is a level with that defense and rashad is only a level 2 ?

Or maybe it is because Rampage is stronger so therefore can reverse stronger ? I seen it several times I would try to shoot on Rampage and he would double under hook me and toss me on my arse with that move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 02:12 AM   #506
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

The demo seems like a karate game. Never seen that many headkicks in any fight before. I can think of 2 legit headkick KOs that i've seen in real life
Old 05-06-2010, 03:27 AM   #507
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm hoping the gameplay in the retail is a complete 180 is some ways because the more I play this demo the more I get disapointed with it. Playing on Expert and it's too easy and predictable, especially on the ground. Something needs to be done about the ground game because for me it's the same thing each time. Pepper shots, reverse, posture up, big shots, reverse, repeat till i get full mount then I can end it there by reversing over and over. I'd like the option to be able to stay in a certain position if I reverse the transition correctly and not be forced to advance.

I wanna be able to end fights by holding people down in a certain position and still be able to transition block to stay in that position. GSP can stay in full guard for an entire round and hold people there, Brock can hold Mir in side control and end the fight there. As of right now it's get to full mount or get back up.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:32 AM   #508
Rookie

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
I'm hoping the gameplay in the retail is a complete 180 is some ways because the more I play this demo the more I get disapointed with it. Playing on Expert and it's too easy and predictable, especially on the ground. Something needs to be done about the ground game because for me it's the same thing each time. Pepper shots, reverse, posture up, big shots, reverse, repeat till i get full mount then I can end it there by reversing over and over. I'd like the option to be able to stay in a certain position if I reverse the transition correctly and not be forced to advance.

I wanna be able to end fights by holding people down in a certain position and still be able to transition block to stay in that position. GSP can stay in full guard for an entire round and hold people there, Brock can hold Mir in side control and end the fight there. As of right now it's get to full mount or get back up.
That is the same problem I see with the game. It is nice to have stats and ratings matter but imho they matter too much and take too much control away from the player. In 09 you knew when you do a transition block, it would in 99% of all cases block the transition, simple as that. In 2010 you don't know when a transition gets blocked, so you go for the next best solution and this is reversing the transition. But this automatically leads you to end up in mount in no time. Same with submissions. Why bothering having a depleting stamina bar if it is of no use. Even if the defender's bar is empty you are not sure if you will be able to pull of the submission. In 09 you knew if the opponents bar was empty and you had half of it left you would be able to submit him. In 2010 the success depends on so many other factors, that it is impossible to say if attempting a submission will have a chance of going through.
This makes the whole game feel "random" as the effect the player has on certain outcomes is minimized. The only predictable outcome surprisingly is one that shouldn't be predictable, namely flash KO's. You can know with certainty that after round 2 is completed, any counterpunch to the head will result in one.
Sad to say but in the demo it all seems reversed. Things that should lie in control of the player are not in his/her control and things that should be a more random occurance are pretty much predictable for the player.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:34 AM   #509
Rookie

OVR: 0

How do you guys reverse? I know it has something to do with right stick, and what just keep pressing in any position when you see the cpu trying to transition or something?
Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 AM   #510
Rookie

OVR: 16

yeah you flick the right stick left/right (doesn't matter, what better suits you) as you see the cpu go for a transition. you need to be quick though.

Somebody got any tricks on the clinch game? On expert I can stand my chances aginst the cpu in blocking their transitions, however I cannot advance. So clinch game mostly ends in the ref splitting us. Any tips on the timing for successful transitions and reversals. I found that the window for reversing in the clinch is pretty small.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #511
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine

Great post. I'm seeing the same thing. Right now I really don't care to have any other fighters then these four in the demo because every fight ends the same. Unless I go out of my way to keep the fight standing I just reverse the cpu to mount in no time. Huge disappointment for me that expert difficulty is so easy to defeat the first day I had the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #512
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

OVR: 8

Maybe I just suck but I've been playing it on Advanced and I've only been able to win twice. Kept rematching Machida (me) vs. Rampage last night and got knocked out EVERY time by early 2nd round. Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong, being too aggressive maybe. Oh well, I'll keep at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »