Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Features Announced, Trailer and Screenshots Included

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Features Announced, Trailer and Screenshots Included within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:49 AM   #25
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Features Announced, Trailer and Screenshots Included

VERY excited to hear about the new passing system. The "no choice" assisted passing prevented me from getting into the last two versions of the game. Even happier that I picked up a PS3 now so I can get OFs without having to go through the hassle the 360 presents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #26
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Features Announced, Trailer and Screenshots Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
VERY excited to hear about the new passing system. The "no choice" assisted passing prevented me from getting into the last two versions of the game. Even happier that I picked up a PS3 now so I can get OFs without having to go through the hassle the 360 presents.
...and this is why I may finally get a PS3. I've been playing the PC version for years with all of the outstanding mods but just got tired of "working" the game.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 10

Yeah, I just got a ps3 last week, so I think ill probably get that version rather than the 360. The option file community for PES is epic, and the things they do are amazing. The uniforms they create look better than fifas most of the time.

The new rumor is that they will have the bundesliga fully licensed, but its just a rumor for now.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #28
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm a big pro evo fan, and this news is really exciting to me. I find FIFA enjoyable up to a point but pro evo has always done things like shooting, tackling and crossing better.

All these changes sound great, and if they can implement any more licensed leagues to go with the Copa Libertadores, then there will be no need for football fans to entertain FIFA any more.

I think what will seal the deal for many people would be adding lower leagues into the mix, because differences in quality between players and teams have always been done very well in pro evo. The 1-99 system lends itself to different levels of football, and the introduction of either the Football League, Serie B or the spanish or French second divisions would be great.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #29
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Each time I think about this announcement by Konami, I feel it is straight out of my dreams lol. I just hope they can hit the mark.

And I do wish they would scrape the Master League like it is and go how FIFA has it with the multiple leagues and so on, but I'm sure they can't because of EA. I, at least, hope the Bundesliga rumor is true.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #30
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
I, at least, hope the Bundesliga rumor is true.
You're not the only one. It's a great league IRL and I enjoyed my Dortmund MM in FIFA. And considering the strong European PES community, I imagine a licensed DFB could provide a sales boost.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #31
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

If it's not licensed, I'd at least like them to do with the Bundesliga what they do with all the non-licensed EPL teams. Have the teams in the game with fake names, generic kits and fake players names, and let the editing community do the rest.

As is, they just have the create-a-team slots which means you have to create every player from scratch aside from the ones you can register from international teams, whereas with the unlicensed EPL/La Liga sides you just have to fix the player name, and it's always fairly obvious who the player is supposed to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
wow this i didn't know. they were actually working on a separate game altogether for 2 yrs? i am now intrigued becuase thats what fifa did but it took fifas new engine 3 years to get right after its first release with 07 so i'm intrigued but skeptical

easports are now refining while konami will be starting all over
It'll likely take Konami at least a year to sort things out too. The one area where Konami has always excelled though is they have the essence of the sport, and FIFA has never gotten that right. FIFA is to the point that its presentation and control is spot on, but it has a lot of work to do to really appeal to footie fans.

Konami, on the other hand, has the essence of the game but has lagged seriously in the presentation and control aspects. Its, frankly, never had proper presentation and the controls are simply dated.

That's the problem for fans right now......FIFA has a better animation/collision engine, but still doesn't "feel" like a proper footie sim. Konami has the "feel", but the controls and animations desperately need work. Neither game is really hitting all of the marks right now.

FIFA 10/WC was a big step in the right direction and hopefully PES 2011 will do the same. It is good to see the sport getting the proper attention from both companies, and both products are becoming better for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »