Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: 120 Ways to Win (More Entrances Shown)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: 120 Ways to Win (More Entrances Shown) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #57
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: 120 Ways to Win (More Entrances Shown)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Things I did like...

- The graphics
- The locomotion looked pretty good
- The way the logos looked was awesome and I hope they are like that in the game too
- Every video this year has had new music init, hopefully we get more songs than the fight songs that play over and over and over
- Animations looked smoother than ever before and the catching animations all looked good except for the RB from USC

Things I did not like
- The Stanford mascot is magic apparently
- Miami's entrance is still wrong, so that leads me to believe others will be wrong also
- Referees, but no chain gang
- Lack of "real" gameplay

Overall, I can't wait. This is a good year for football gamers, hopefully the remaining 3 games live up to their hype. NCAA looks great everywhere except their authentic stuff.
I agree, I honestly can't make any more assumptions until I play it. It appears that the consensus on all the previews out about NCAA so far is that you have to play it in order to get this.."new feel" everyone keeps talking about.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
Only thing I worry about when it comes to this " 120 ways to Win" marketing blitz is that it isnt implemented. I mean, they name all the formations in the game....ok.....but does the CPU actually use them?

I have never played a football game yet that really ran different offensive styles, nor was the AI very good in selecting when to run what.

I cant remember a year that NCAA had dominate runs teams actually run the ball , and I have yet to see pass happy offenses really pass the ball that much. Its usually around 50 /50 with the CPU run game completely absent from gameplay and the only way the offense moves the ball is by passing into coverages and having the defensive AI actually not play defense to allow a gain.

Very interested to see if this is implemented well ( which would be very nice ) , or just another marketing campaign. ( which past history dictates, it most likely is )
They have said that the CPU teams will run the teams offense realistically to what the team would do in real life.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #59
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: A new 120 ways to win video. (New entrance clips also)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
It's funny how the Stanford tree is break dancing with no arms ha ha.
Can't believe they would have it in the trailer. You'd think SOMEBODY would say, "You know what? That doesn't look right."

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8artist
I can not believe you think you know what your are talking about... That is how the Stanford mascot tree is. SMH
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorChomp1
I think he's referring to that fact that it's probably pretty difficult to break dance without arms... not the fact the tree doesn't have arms.
Exactly

Last edited by souljahbill; 05-11-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #60
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: A new 120 ways to win video. (New entrance clips also)

Wonder if State's cowbell will be in the game? That would be cool.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #61
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #62
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Funny, I didn't notice the tree didn't have arms at first. On second look it didn't bother me either. I noticed that the breakdancing looked funny and silly...like something a mascot would do. It seemed to be part of the fun atmosphere. Oh well.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #63
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

I take it that they have more ESPN stuff to put in.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #64
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
The atmosphere looks great, however, the robotic animations just kill it for me.
Can't say I disagree here. Still a little herky jerky. Don't know if locomotion smoothed this out much.

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »