Home

NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Meh, looks basically the same except with a new template and visual point representation.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #74
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it seems like you'll no longer be able to only hit the most/very high pitches.

when you start a call, you select how many topics you want to talk about(how long the call will be), then the recruit selects what to talk about and you decide how to "react" to it. that is how i read it at least.
Yeah thats what I gather too. Which isnt a huge difference ,but it is alot more realistic and in theory should be an nice improvement. Having the recruits take more control of the process.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #75
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Yeah thats what I gather too. Which isnt a huge difference ,but it is alot more realistic and in theory should be an nice improvement. Having the recruits take more control of the process.
Agreed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 16

Wait, what? You felt a new phone call system would add the most to the dynasty experience? Really, EA? The main problem with dynasty mode is the depth, or the lack there of. Dynasty Mode became very stale over the course of the series existence. Thats because of the modes lack of depth, and no one really was able to continue a dynasty with a single team without getting bored. The only way to fix that is to add an Athletic Director Mode. And right now, it looks as if it did not get in, since Russ stated that the dev team felt that a new phone call system would add the most to dynasty. Sorry, but it adds nothing to dynasty besides dressing up recruiting alittle bit.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #77
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Wait, what? You felt a new phone call system would add the most to the dynasty experience? Really, EA? The main problem with dynasty mode is the depth, or the lack there of. Dynasty Mode became very stale over the course of the series existence. Thats because of the modes lack of depth, and no one really was able to continue a dynasty with a single team without getting bored. The only way to fix that is to add an Athletic Director Mode. And right now, it looks as if it did not get in, since Russ stated that the dev team felt that a new phone call system would add the most to dynasty. Sorry, but it adds nothing to dynasty besides dressing up recruiting alittle bit.
Well this is clearly your opinion. While I agree this series has gotten very stale I dont think its screams for AD mode. I would never use an AD mode personally. I like the fact that they are shaking recruiting up a bit. And there's a good chance coaching carosel is in which is the biggest thing needed in dynasty mode right now.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 05-18-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #78
Rookie

hawkeyebred2332's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Well this is clearly your opinion. While I agree this series has gotten very stale I dont think its screams for AD mode. I would never use an AD mode personally. I like the fact that they are shaking recruiting up a bit. And there's a good chance coaching carosel is in which is the biggest thing need in dynasty mode right now.
Agree with what you say about AD mode. I have seen a few people screaming for it for years now, but I don't see why. The last thing I want to do is load up a dynasty, try to go sign some offensive coordinator, set ticket prices, etc. To me that is not what the NCAA series is about. If you want that go play Madden's owner mode.

Now, I like the looks of the new recruiting screens, but have 2 big complaints:

1) The visible points system, which has already been picked at so I won't go into it.

2) The concept of picking your potential pitches at the beginning of the call and then going through them individually. I like it in theory, but I didn't see a mention of whether or not you can duplicate pitches? If not, this will nearly make it impossible for smaller schools to recruit against the big dogs.

Take a team like Utah State, who maybe has 1 or 2 A's and the rest are C's. Obviously you aren't going to have much success pitching a C to a propsect, so what you have 2 things you can sell at most? In previous years you could really hammer those two things, but now it looks like it immedietly makes it so you can't talk to them for long? Say you really want and need some 4*, and have him tops of your board, but you can only pick 2 pitches (and that = 20 minutes?) each week, yet some other school can have this same guy as their 3rd option at that position, pick 4 pitches (40 minutes) and basically double up your points each and every week.

It just seems to me that this will make it next to impossible to land any recruits with a small school if a big school is going after them. I know I know that is somewhat realistic, but it is not impossible. It was harder for small schools before this new "Phone Call", as it should be, but this seems to be taking it over the top to me. As a guy who likes to start with 1* teams and build them up, this doesn't excite me.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #79
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyebred2332

2) The concept of picking your potential pitches at the beginning of the call and then going through them individually. I like it in theory, but I didn't see a mention of whether or not you can duplicate pitches? If not, this will nearly make it impossible for smaller schools to recruit against the big dogs.
I don't believe you pick the pitches. you only select how many topics there will be(1-6). then the recruit chooses which pitches are talked about.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3
i dont find this too exciting, and agree that the point system could dumb things down....
why not give us a high school all star game, or at the very least, bring back the spring game....??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »