Home

NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #81
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog: 1 of 3 - Phone Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Wait, what? You felt a new phone call system would add the most to the dynasty experience? Really, EA? The main problem with dynasty mode is the depth, or the lack there of. Dynasty Mode became very stale over the course of the series existence. Thats because of the modes lack of depth, and no one really was able to continue a dynasty with a single team without getting bored. The only way to fix that is to add an Athletic Director Mode. And right now, it looks as if it did not get in, since Russ stated that the dev team felt that a new phone call system would add the most to dynasty. Sorry, but it adds nothing to dynasty besides dressing up recruiting alittle bit.
At the top of the article, as well as at the very end,it is stated that this is just part 1 of 3 covering dynasty. While I doubt that AD mode will make it in, I'm pretty sure the next two blogs won't be focused on covering phone calls again. Why not wait and see what those two are about before proclaiming that they have not addressed depth.

Last edited by Ziza9Noles94; 05-18-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #82
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 11 blog: Dynasty Blog 1 of 3 - Phone Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
As long as the ratings actually matter when I play the game on the field, then recruiting could be fun again.
Exactly.

The upgrades over the last few years with the recruiting is very welcome. It's like a game within a game.

But if you have some serious doubts that the player ratings really matter while actually playing the game...you can easily view this very detailed recruiting as pretty much a waste of time. And if you use the new recruiting to it's fullest...we're talking about A LOT of time. And unfortunately, I do have those serious doubts.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #83
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

I think some of you are forgetting that while you may know where you stand with the recruit, you do not know what the other school will do which will lead to surprises. Also, just because you know a team is catching up does not mean you will be able to stop them.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #84
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
interesting blog. I'm not someone that really cares too much about the recruiting aspect of dynasty but this seems good for those that like it. I think people are making assumptions about knowing that a recruit is picking you or how much of a point lead you have because we havent had a chance to play with it yet and truely see how it works and plays out.

But i'm glad there are 2 more dynasty blogs coming. Hopefully we can replace all 120 teams with 120 teambuilder teams... or at least more than just 12 teams. Or at least replace those generic 1aa schools.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #85
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I think some of you are forgetting that while you may know where you stand with the recruit, you do not know what the other school will do which will lead to surprises. Also, just because you know a team is catching up does not mean you will be able to stop them.
Excellent point. I doubt every other school remains static while you amass points. They are pitching and gaining momentum or dropping out as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #86
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Well Its somthing new thats added to the game and not something from last year. So this is new in the game and will help in alot of way in getting recruits to come to the small schools if done right. So go Baylor Bears.......
Old 05-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #87
Pro

OVR: 8

NCAA developers...please just steal the recruiting process for College Hoops 2k8! Thanks!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #88
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Too bad you didn't have a point system with women that you could plainly see where you stood at all times..
That could be the cause of some major self esteem issues.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »