Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: New Features of the Game

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: New Features of the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2010, 02:18 AM   #49
Rookie

UCFTirade's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: New Features of the Game

I could've done without this video blog. I feel like everytime Russ & crew come on the blogging talking, the videos shown are not exactly great compared to others that have been seen like the team intro videos or the actual gameplay at draft night.
I agree as well it had to be the replay chopping up on the throwing animation as no matter what, that is just waaaay to horrific to be in this game. I had a better throwing animation back in my Madden 99 on N64 than that. Looking forward to blog 3 of dynasty and E3!!

Oh, and in my personal opinion I understand that everything should be realistic but for me, replay angles are not important. The only thing that is important is that my guys look effing amazing stiff arming their way to a first down

Last edited by UCFTirade; 05-22-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:29 AM   #50
Banned

buckeyes787's Arena

OVR: 4
Man EveryThing Looked Great backbreaker Is Overrated and the Demo Was The Worst Of all Football Demos. NCAA And Madden Own This Year.NCAA 11 Best College Game Ever made. The Moves By Pryor Looked Like How He does In Real Life. Nice to See They Have Him Looking Leaner and More Like Him. Hope Can save Depth Chart Like In Madden 10 so I Don't Have to Pause Every Time To Make the Changes. Go Buckeyes! NCAA 11 Demo Hope Has Ohio State Go Buckeyes!
Old 05-22-2010, 03:32 AM   #51
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Come on guys. That whole video had bad compression. I would also bet a kidney that throwing animation WILL NOT be in the final build.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 04:01 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
Go ask an espn producer and ask if they would use the replay angles if they could.
Moot point. ESPN doesn't use those angles, so if presentation is about realism, then EA is going in the wrong direction. This isn't Super Mario Cart. This is a sports game attempting to parallel a real sport. A new slogan: If it isn't in the game, leave it out of the game.

But then again, that's just my opinion.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #53
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
Moot point. ESPN doesn't use those angles, so if presentation is about realism, then EA is going in the wrong direction. This isn't Super Mario Cart. This is a sports game attempting to parallel a real sport. A new slogan: If it isn't in the game, leave it out of the game.

But then again, that's just my opinion.
This game is about realism. However, that does not mean the producers should be confined to the strict literary meaning of the slogan. The producers have discretion to make the best product they can (which I contend is the purpose of the slogan). As such, they have liberty to go beyond broadcast and give us such amazing angles.

But all rationalisation aside, the answer to this question is deceptively easy.

Will beyond broadcast angles benfit the game? The answer is yes. Then it is right for the producers to have these angles.

But then again, thats just my opinon.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #54
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

The only things I have a problem with so far are the pancakes and some of the animations. Dont know what level there playing on but on the Pryor run the 2 DL were pancaked the same way at the same time. Is this suppose the be an answer to suction blocking? Just make DL fall instead of wrestling at the LOS?

Other than that the game looks to be the best EA has offered & Im starting to get they will never get physics and animation correct. As for the throwing animation it looks like thats just a bad replay. Hopefully they will iron that out and the PS3 will be up to speed with the 360.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 05-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #55
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
video full of bullcrap if you ask me. "kent st feels different from Michigan" they've been saying this every year for 6 years. Trying to talk me into the Read Option being different and better somehow, I don't buy it. Talking about the Option like it is any different this year, NO. I see the same horrid animations, the god awful spin moves, the jerky running and immediate full speed sprinting...this game needs a total overhaul.

replays looked cool though, ha.
The read option is different this year. Just look at the blocking. It's quite obvious.

The spin moves however are..... They just look silly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Oh goodness with these additions this game is going to be OUTSTANDING!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »