Home

MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #105
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Two things. You can control all lineups in this game, BUT, it will sub out players (regardless of how you set the lineups) who are tired and you might not be totally happy with how it does it, but that might be what you are seeing. Personally I'm happy that I can control all the lineups AND see the AI still sub out players when I play other teams.
No what I was saying was Rollins batted 5th the other night in real life. Mangers change lineups around all the time. Heyward is batting 2nd now, if it happened in the game people probably would freak out.

I've been guilty of it too but it's not as if a manager in real life pencils the same lineup in every day. They move players around all the time.

What I generally will do is use another controller to set lineups if it's too ridiculous but I'm going to allow for some movement by the CPU. It's their team and they should manage it how they see fit. I won't allow Jeter to play CF though or Hart to come in and catch (I saw the CPU do this the other day)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #106
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I have been trying to trigger this "freeze on roster management" and cannot do it. I have tried in season, offseason, simming one day at a time, week at a time, month, randomly jumping to roster management, sorting players, you name it I have tried it.....ZILCH. Is there something that people have done that has triggered it, because I don't see it?

I have a slim PS3 and used latest live roster. I think this could be a random thing, internet connection down(which has caused a freeze for me before) or something other than a bug.

On another note, I am very happy the way they have tweaked the renewal and arbitration. Beckam was offered 7 years 23 million with only 1 year service time. He never accepted and was renewed for 700K.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I have been trying to trigger this "freeze on roster management" and cannot do it. I have tried in season, offseason, simming one day at a time, week at a time, month, randomly jumping to roster management, sorting players, you name it I have tried it.....ZILCH. Is there something that people have done that has triggered it, because I don't see it?

I have a slim PS3 and used latest live roster. I think this could be a random thing, internet connection down(which has caused a freeze for me before) or something other than a bug.

On another note, I am very happy the way they have tweaked the renewal and arbitration. Beckam was offered 7 years 23 million with only 1 year service time. He never accepted and was renewed for 700K.
Are you suggesting we may not need to control every teams off-season signings in terms of their younger players?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
I won't allow Jeter to play CF though or Hart to come in and catch (I saw the CPU do this the other day)
This is a problem we spotted on release day, and it was easily fixed, but I'm not totally sure how we did it. Can't remember. Either Jeter mistakenly had CF as one of his backup positions on his player card (which you would fix in the player editor screen), OR you simply needed to go to the FIELDING POSITION screen for the Yanks and manually fix it, but guys fixed this early on so that it wouldn't happen.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
This is a problem we spotted on release day, and it was easily fixed, but I'm not totally sure how we did it. Can't remember. Either Jeter mistakenly had CF as one of his backup positions on his player card (which you would fix in the player editor screen), OR you simply needed to go to the FIELDING POSITION screen for the Yanks and manually fix it, but guys fixed this early on so that it wouldn't happen.
I thought that Jeter at CF, Granderson @ 2nd, and catchers all over the place was simply due to lineup errors in the first live roster - I haven't seen that happen at all since the 2nd live roster...
Old 05-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #110
Banned

OVR: 60

Don't remember, but I do know in the lineup screen Jeter showed CF. I'm pretty sure it was fixed without having to download a different roster. He needs to see if he can manually fix it.

edit: Thinking back, I know I fixed it without a new roster. The catchers appearing in the RP screen was also easily fixed by sending them down then bringing them back up.

Last edited by jim416; 05-22-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #111
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

As far as controlling offseason....If you use a current roster based off the current live, then no you would not. All roster's based on older versions have too many A potential players requiring the user to control spending.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 7

- Fixed issue in Franchise Mode and controlling of 30 teams and releasing a lot of players.

What does that mean?? Does that fix the issue about many all stars being released like 3 years in the a franchise?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »