Home

Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #1185
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Backbreaker Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I'm sold. I love what I see from the gameplay vids people have posted.
I was sold at 1st based on the videos.....

But lately it appears the CPU's QB AI is horrible in the game based on what I've been reading.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #1186
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
So I'm playing against the Spartans (best offense) and they have the ball at my 1 yard line with a first and goal to go.

1st down: Run off tackle -3 yards.
2nd down: Pass Incomplete
3rd down: Pass Incomplete
4th down: Pass Intercepted

Devs, if you're listening - short yardage situations are a HUGE part of football. Those third and one, 4th and inches make or break games. The computer needs to be better than this.

Of course goal line stands do happen in real life and are awesome. But I haven't heard too much about short yardage offense & defense interaction in this thread. What are your experiences?
The offensive AI is just inept. I just played a game on default settings where I just called a blitz every play to see what would happen. I think it totalled three possessions, all three and outs, no completions, two sacks, one fumble, maybe one positive run for a yard or two. At the end of the half, they had something like -30 yards all told. You see the same things on offense, your offensive line just is a sieve and you're lucky to make positive yardage on runs or be able to get to the back of your QB's drop without immediately having someone in your face. AI this bad is just game breaking, I've played a half dozen games or more at various skill levels and have yet to have a TD scored against me, and have only scored a couple myself, mostly off of defense and special teams. There just is no balance between defense and offense.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #1187
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10yard-Fight
Must be nice having too much money.
I don't have alot of money at all. However, This was the last straw for Sony... I'm not giving them anymore of my money.. I have found a friend that will buy my Ps3 and 2 games for 250 plus give me a Bluray Player.. This will probably take place in the next week or so.. I will make my way out and buy a 360... I was highly dissappointed witht he Ps3.. the Browser is teriible, and the Sony managment is even worse... Sorry.. I will gladly pay for XBL.. Oh and I play mostly sports games.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #1188
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Here's how my first play went on Backbreaker (demo)

Cpu kicks off.
I move the kick returner to the spot of the kick manually. (awesome that he doesn't just drift to the spot himself)
I misjudge the kick just a bit and my guy has to jump to field it.
I turn upfield and follow a few blockers.
Juke inside to avoid a guy to the right.
Cut back to the right, off of the blockers that are heading more towards the middle of the field.
Crank up aggressive mode with the RT and head for daylight towards the sideline.
BAM! Get drilled from the side by a dude I didn't even see.
Got online to place pre-order with Amazon.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #1189
MVP

OVR: 14

As much as I support the game and hope it succeeds it cannot be overstated how bad the QB AI is, I don't think I've seen a pass from the computer that wasn't thrown into double coverage, maybe a couple, but it's rare for them to make the correct read. Also the DBs break to where the ball is thrown without even looking, this could be why the computer is seemingly throwing into double coverage all the time, the DBs simply react way to fast to the pass. I'm going to buy the game to support what I hope is a franchise that will continually improve because the core game is fantastic, but I'll admit I will not be playing it much if these issues exist in the retail version, I'll treat my purchase as more of a donation to the cause.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #1190
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
I don't have alot of money at all. However, This was the last straw for Sony... I'm not giving them anymore of my money.. I have found a friend that will buy my Ps3 and 2 games for 250 plus give me a Bluray Player.. This will probably take place in the next week or so.. I will make my way out and buy a 360... I was highly dissappointed witht he Ps3.. the Browser is teriible, and the Sony managment is even worse... Sorry.. I will gladly pay for XBL.. Oh and I play mostly sports games.
Why would you even use a browser with a game console? You realize Xbox has no browser right?

I read that the final release cam is a little more zoomed out and maybe a bit higher? That's encouraging. If that's the case and the CPU Offensive AI is smarter in final release, we're off and running,.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #1191
Rookie

louisianared's Arena

OVR: 0

Finally downloaded the Demo.

Initial thoughts: I like the presentation with the music while walking out the tunnel and during the kickoff.

I thought the player models might distract me but I really didn't even notice the "futuristic" look while playing.

I dig the way the game is set up. Feels different and not just more of the same ole, same ole that we've gotten from pretty much every game.

I like the collisions and are some of the better collisions I've ever seen in a game. Controls have grown on me and I really like the way the game feels.

Was going to pass on this game but definitely buying this game on day 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #1192
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I read that the final release cam is a little more zoomed out and maybe a bit higher? That's encouraging.
I don't think so, this was posted yesterday by Todd on the BB forums...

The camera in the demo is identical to the camera in the full game.

Todd

Bummer

Last edited by swaldo; 05-27-2010 at 12:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »