Home

NBA 2K11 Cover Athlete: Michael Jordan?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Cover Athlete: Michael Jordan? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #233
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K11 Cover Athlete: Michael Jordan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
No its not. For the last time, its a Japanese version not the US version. See here: http://www.japan.ea.com/nbalive2002/

See that Michael Jordan picture? Its the real deal.

It seems as if many didn't know about Jordan being the cover athlete as a member of the Wizards.
This is fake...I just ran the scanner over the JPG just now, the picture quality is not professional, in fact shopped the background was a dead give away, why is it blurred out ? COVER IS DOCTORED END OF STORY.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #234
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
So you guys think I'm lying and EA Japan is also lying about Jordan being the cover athlete of Live 2002? What more do I have to do to convince you guys?

As I am typing this I just looked at the game manual and the cover is Michael Jordan.

Seems as if many did not know about MJ being in the cover and I don't expect US sites to know about it either.
Yeah that's my fault. It's not a big deal either way to me but for some reason on this slow Tuesday morning it did pique my curiosity. I edited my post just after you quoted it. I will say, as a release, it seems it was surely under wraps. I cannot find any information on its existance online anywhere (save for your foreign link, which I unfortunately do not understand).

It's natural for people to be skeptical in this situation, with the knowledge that games can be bootlegged to look legit with minor alterations (sort of like bootleg Jordan shoes sold to look the exact same except with a slightly crooked Jumpman). I just wonder what the exact circumstances behind the Jordan cover really were.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #235
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowbyU
This is fake...I just ran the scanner over the JPG just now, the picture quality is not professional, in fact shopped the background was a dead give away, why is it blurred out ? COVER IS DOCTORED END OF STORY.
The background is blurry because it has advertisements etc so they have to block it out. Also the pic is bad because the site/picture was made in 2001.

OK what about this, is Amazon lying too?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #236
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Yeah that's my fault. It's not a big deal either way to me but for some reason on this slow Tuesday morning it did pique my curiosity. I edited my post just after you quoted it. I will say, as a release, it seems it was surely under wraps. I cannot find any information on its existance online anywhere (save for your foreign link, which I unfortunately do not understand).

It's natural for people to be skeptical in this situation, with the knowledge that games can be bootlegged to look legit with minor alterations (sort of like bootleg Jordan shoes sold to look the exact same except with a slightly crooked Jumpman). I just wonder what the exact circumstances behind the Jordan cover really were.
Even if you don't understand the language the fact that the official Japan EA Sports website has the same exact MJ picture as the Live 2002 cover pretty much clears everything up. Or do you guys think that it is a mere coincidence?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #237
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

According to Play-Asia it's the Japanese cover:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...02-70-309.html

It may be official, but still weird. On the back side of the box it's still Francis - not an in-game picture, but probably the one that's on the American version.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 06-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #238
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
According to Play-Asia it's the Japanese cover:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...02-70-309.html

It may be official, but still weird. On the back side of the box it's still Francis - not an in-game picture, but probably the one that's on the American version.
Nope the back is right. It does have Francis on mine as well. The in-game pictures are different between the US and Japan version:

Old 06-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #239
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
The background is blurry because it has advertisements etc so they have to block it out. Also the pic is bad because the site/picture was made in 2001.

OK what about this, is Amazon lying too?

Now this pic is showing up 85% and the letter characters are scalable , this one is real...why was the other pic up in this thread ?
Old 06-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #240
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:

That pretty much makes me think the Francis is still the main player, even on the Jap version. And that is why it's so weird...

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »