Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2010, 08:42 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Backbreaker Review

This game really aint that bad. I would give it 7/10. You need to play more than one game to get the feel for it. Yeah there are AI issues with the INTs but hey Im enjoying it better than Madden.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 4
I too started off throwing depressing amounts of INTs but the more I played it, the more the passing game became better. I actually benched my started, since his form was down. I enjoy the whole league customization where you can add up to 32 of your teams. The only thing I'd like is the camera work. On Defense, the fix for this is the "Focus" button but on offense, it should go back to traditional camera. I appreciate the on-the-field stuff but it can get frustrating. I do enjoy a lot of the small things, presentation wise. The seamless celebrations and of course the euphoria engine is awesome. I'm really glad I gave this game a chance. Something different, ya know?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #131
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner80
I too started off throwing depressing amounts of INTs but the more I played it, the more the passing game became better. I actually benched my started, since his form was down. I enjoy the whole league customization where you can add up to 32 of your teams. The only thing I'd like is the camera work. On Defense, the fix for this is the "Focus" button but on offense, it should go back to traditional camera. I appreciate the on-the-field stuff but it can get frustrating. I do enjoy a lot of the small things, presentation wise. The seamless celebrations and of course the euphoria engine is awesome. I'm really glad I gave this game a chance. Something different, ya know?
..one more thing...the "Backbreaker" name.....ugh..hasn't caught on. It's like naming an MMA game, Rear-Choker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #132
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan7
This game really aint that bad. I would give it 7/10. You need to play more than one game to get the feel for it. Yeah there are AI issues with the INTs but hey Im enjoying it better than Madden.
I keep hearing this over and over again. Where are all these people giving reviews on just playing one game? How do you know they just played one game?

Of course you need to play more then one game to get a "feel" for it. That applies to any video game ever made, and sport ever played, and pretty much anything in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygmen92
K

Its pretty funny and ironic that under his user profile name MMChrisS it says, "Steve says I'm Pitiful" hmm.. now I'm not going to comment on that, but you can imagine what many people here including myself are thinking right about now of this review...

It doesn't really matter what the score the reviewer gave BB that concerns me, its how it was blasted and placed in the BB forum that really is worrisome. Here's a good question and maybe one of the OS members can so kindly give an answer too. If Madden 11 for any reasons turns out to be horrible and pretty much worse then Madden 10, will you guys blast it and give it a bad review and post it in the Madden forum???
Where else would a BB review be placed?

The golf forum?

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 06-09-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #133
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
I keep hearing this over and over again. Where are all these people giving reviews on just playing one game? How do you know they just played one game?

Of course you need to play more then one game to get a "feel" for it. That applies to any video game ever made, and sport ever played, and pretty much anything in life.

Where else would a BB review be placed?

The golf forum?
Doc, you are wasting your time my friend.............it's one thing to have fun with the game and know that there are flaws. Another thing to have horse blinders on and not see a single flaw.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #134
Rookie

ESPOMAN's Arena

OVR: 17
OK this game needs a 7-8
Old 06-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner80
I have been eating the same lunch for years, tuna on rye. A little boring, yes, but I know what I'm getting when I reach into my lunchbox everyday. Would I like a change? Sometimes, yes. But, I refuse to eat a turd sandwich just because it's made with better bread than I'm used to. You can dress it up with all kinds of fancy toppings and condiments. You can tell me that I just need to give it a chance. You can tell me that if I just buckle down and eat the sandwich, that the next sandwich will be made with a smaller turd. You can even tell me that it's my fault for not liking the sandwich, because I'm not a very good sandwich maker. But at the end of the day, it's still just bread/turd/bread. And I'll take my tuna on rye over that every single time.

Last edited by mr janny; 06-09-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #136
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPOMAN
OK this game needs a 7-8
You are free to give this game a 7 or an 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsX8
Doc, you are wasting your time my friend.............it's one thing to have fun with the game and know that there are flaws. Another thing to have horse blinders on and not see a single flaw.
Lol, true. This happens everytime BB gets a negative review almost verbatim. Not sure why I thought it would be different this time

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 06-09-2010 at 09:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »