Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: Vision Developer Diary

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: Vision Developer Diary within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:51 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Debut Vision Developer Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Its hilarious how people are screaming "calm down, its early" when a person has something the least bit negative to say about the game footage as if we are supposed to look at the video stoically. Closed mouths dont get fed.

Personally that video did more harm for me than it did good. The animations were sub par, the blending from one move to another left alot to be desired and not a single move looked life-like. I was really looking forward to this game ( especially with the broadcast team) but EA has an amazingly short leash with me, and after seeing that video, I believe their claim that Elite will have everything based off physics like I believe the 'Protak' in Madden takes into account height, weight and momentum as they promised.

The footage is early, i get that, but what was shown would theoretically be the equivalent of a tech demo if im not mistaken, and the tech didnt even impress me. When I saw the blogs about the tech for the route running in Madden (even though it didnt make it in), the tackling in Backbreaker, the grazing punches in Fight Night and the environmental destruction of some FPS at E3, i knew that the games needed more much more polish but I could see the promise of the technology. At this point in time, i cant say the same here.
cool story bro....

What we saw was not in the very least a tech demo. Idk what but your post seems to come off as trolling and looking at your post history sorta confirms those suspicions..........

Last edited by dexvex; 06-11-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #154
Banned

OVR: 19

Tell me detective, what about my post history suggests that im trolling?

And I like that "Cool Story Bro" thing.. did you come up with that all by your self or did you see thousands of other people doing it on forums and think that it was ingenious? Surely it wasnt the latter because it would shatter my faith in your originality. I would be heart-broken.

And if its not to be judged as legitimate gameplay, and not simply a tech demo, that what is it, and what purpose does it serve being displayed might I ask?
Old 06-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #155
Rookie

Quote:
Tell me detective, what about my post history suggests that im trolling?

And I like that "Cool Story Bro" thing.. did you come up with that all by your self or did you see thousands of other people doing it on forums and think that it was ingenious? Surely it wasnt the latter because it would shatter my faith in your originality. I would be heart-broken.

And if its not to be judged as legitimate gameplay, and not simply a tech demo, that what is it, and what purpose does it serve being displayed might I ask?
Idk maybe how you seem to leave harsh comments in every EA thread while you seem to have high praise in the 2k threads. IDK And how nice of you trying to attack my originality from a internet forum post you most be a real scholar.

Anyway the purpose as blackflash stated is to share the vision of what the team is trying to do not close to being a concrete tech demonstration, as the community guys have already stated they are not where they wanna be with the implementation.

I have no problem with you not liking/buying the game but your post just screams out an obvious agenda.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #156
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
Idk maybe how you seem to leave harsh comments in every EA thread while you seem to have high praise in the 2k threads. IDK And how nice of you trying to attack my originality from a internet forum post you most be a real scholar.

Anyway the purpose as blackflash stated is to share the vision of what the team is trying to do not close to being a concrete tech demonstration, as the community guys have already stated they are not where they wanna be with the implementation.

I have no problem with you not liking/buying the game but your post just screams out an obvious agenda.........

Odd that you claim that I leave nothing but praise in 2k threads when i have a 470 page thread dedicated to improvements that can be made to NBA 2k's gameplay, and i recently said that the 3 man broadcast team that EA added was a good addition lmao. Bravo.

And attack your originality? You mean to tell me you didnt come up with that quip all by your self?

And to share by video evidence, would be to demonstrate, and their vision is one of real-time physics technology. So he wanted to demonstrate the technology. No?

Last edited by Jesus; 06-11-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #157
Rookie

Quote:
Odd that you claim that I leave nothing but praise in 2k threads when i have a 470 page thread dedicated to improvements that can be made to NBA 2k's gameplay, and i recently said that the 3 man broadcast team that EA added was a good addition lmao. Bravo.

And attack your originality? You mean to tell me you didnt come up with that quip all by your self?

And to share, would be to demonstrate, and their vision is one of real-time physics technology. So he wanted to demonstrate the technology. No?
Oh you commented that the announcers are a good addition I guess that just offsets the garbage you just came in here and posted amirite?

Real time physics is only the means to which they want to accomplish their vision.And maybe you don't understand how tech demos work but no that is not one. A real tech demo would actually show the in and outs of the tech not just one player running around and jumping. Since I'm goin to ea's presser I should probably get to see the real tech demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash83
While the meat and potatoes have yet to be added, understanding the vision where we want to take the game is important for everyone to understand. As we show you more of the game in the coming months you will begin to understand the direction that the development team are taking the game as well you will see more of the changes that have gone into ELITE compared to last year.
If you're goin to troll at least wait until you see something concrete

Last edited by dexvex; 06-11-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 2

This video only goal, is to prove what their expectations are, and they made a video that shows smoother movement, where the player has total control on what they are doing

There were no graphic mention, and as you saw Jennings was dunking like he was Jordan , meaning no player ratings were true to the real player (+ the right handed shooting)

It was all about movement, smoothness, and EA wanting all the Basketball fans to know, that they are listening to what the Community demand out of a bball game

People say that EA is all about HYPE, but actually this video goes against that theory, they could easily, put Crowd, and referees with flashy commentating, just so that the Hype machine would start rolling, but no, simple video, with people explaining goals for this year Elite

I prefer these videos, simple, with people talking about movement and control goals for the game, without showing the best graphic flash special effects that they could easily do, WHY??? Because this video is all about CONTROL with real time physics

I am not saying that EA is not a hype machine, all I am saying is that they should not hype no more bball games, because they know, that right now they have to prove, again, that they are the best in the busnizzz, because Live fans that were addicted to the series since the Ps2, are not just basketball fans, they are Hardcore basketball fans, so hype will not be in the game, itīs about final product

PeAcE

Last edited by Live_4real; 06-11-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #159
Banned

Quote:
Oh you commented that the announcers are a good addition I guess that just offsets the garbage you just came in here and posted amirite?
ooo such language, guess i wasn't complementary enough for you, thats unfortunate. I cant believe you called my post garbage, that hurt, come here, lets hug it out.

Quote:
Real time physics is only the means to which they want to accomplish their vision.And maybe you don't understand how tech demos work but no that is not one. A real tech demo would actually show the in and outs of the tech not just one player running around and jumping. Since I'm goin to ea's presser I should probably get to see the real tech demo.
lmao EA's history says otherwise:

Old 06-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #160
Rookie

Quote:
ooo such language, guess i wasn't complementary enough for you, thats unfortunate. I cant believe you called my post garbage, that hurt, come here, lets hug it out.

lmao EA's history says otherwise:

If you can't tell the difference between that and the video in question you are either horribly misinformed or intentionally trolling, if its the latter you are pretty sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »