Home

NBA Elite 11 Video: Vision Developer Diary

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Video: Vision Developer Diary within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #161
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Elite 11 Video: Exclusive Debut Vision Developer Diary

First of all that post was hardly trolling and if it was you're better off reporting the poster to the mods than to try to take thing into your own hands.

I happen to agree with what he said because people have come on a message board telling others not to speak their opinions on what they see, which is asinine. Its a message board not a board dedicated to the end all be all of everything.

Furthermore everyone has their own opinions so please respect that without turning the conversation off topic or into flaming other posters because of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #162
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
If you can't tell the difference between that and the video in question you are either horribly misinformed or intentionally trolling, if its the latter you are pretty sad.
-They all compare and contrast

-They are all outside of a full game setting

-They all have a maximum of 2 players active

-They are all light on technical details

-They are all very early representations of what they aim to accomplish

-They are all by EA

-They are all demonstrating new supposedly new technology

-They are all being shown to the public

That sure is a lot in common. How about you point out to me these great differences, aye pal?
Old 06-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #163
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Its hilarious how people are screaming "calm down, its early" when a person has something the least bit negative to say about the game footage as if we are supposed to look at the video stoically. Closed mouths dont get fed.

Personally that video did more harm for me than it did good. The animations were sub par, the blending from one move to another left alot to be desired and not a single move looked life-like. I was really looking forward to this game ( especially with the broadcast team) but EA has an amazingly short leash with me, and after seeing that video, I believe their claim that Elite will have everything based off physics like I believe the 'Protak' in Madden takes into account height, weight and momentum as they promised.

The footage is early, i get that, but what was shown would theoretically be the equivalent of a tech demo if im not mistaken, and the tech didnt even impress me. When I saw the blogs about the tech for the route running in Madden (even though it didnt make it in), the tackling in Backbreaker, the grazing punches in Fight Night and the environmental destruction of some FPS at E3, i knew that the games needed more much more polish but I could see the promise of the technology. At this point in time, i cant say the same here.
Good Post.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
-They all compare and contrast

-They are all outside of a full game setting

-They all have a maximum of 2 players active

-They are all light on technical details

-They are all very early representations of what they aim to accomplish

-They are all by EA

-They are all demonstrating new supposedly new technology

-They are all being shown to the public

That sure is a lot in common. How about you point out to me these great differences, aye pal?
Maybe that they are shown when all the new tech is actually implemented?
Old 06-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #165
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvex
Maybe that they are shown when all the new tech is actually implemented?
Meh, sorry, thats not the case, that particular tech didnt make it into Madden in that form and is being shown in March when the game comes out in August. Thats 5 months away, kinda like the 5 month difference between now and October . And that Live footage also happens to be from June.

Swing and a Miss.

well this will be my last reply on this subject because i have more than proven my point, and I want to try to keep things on topic. Cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #166
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
First of all that post was hardly trolling and if it was you're better off reporting the poster to the mods than to try to take thing into your own hands.

I happen to agree with what he said because people have come on a message board telling others not to speak their opinions on what they see, which is asinine. Its a message board not a board dedicated to the end all be all of everything.

Furthermore everyone has their own opinions so please respect that without turning the conversation off topic or into flaming other posters because of it.
As I said I don't care because he don't like the game but his agenda can be seen from a mile away and I called him out on it. I will stop but I'm just letting him know he isn't fooling anybody......
Old 06-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #167
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Its hard to like or dislike something that isnt even out yet and compared to the way things have gone on in here, not even shown what it really is.

All people can do is comment on what has been shown. I dont think all of the police protection is necessary.

For all the guys that saw an much later build, thats fine, if its good people will be surprised and pleased, but as of right now there is a video Electronic Arts released to the public and all of the dont judge comments and stuff were totally against what a message board is all about.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #168
Rookie

Quote:
Meh, sorry, thats not the case, that particular tech didnt make it into Madden in that form and is being shown in March when the game comes out in August. Thats 5 months away, kinda like the 5 month difference between now and October . And that Live footage also happens to be from June.

Swing and a Miss.

well this will be my last reply on this subject because i have more than proven my point, and I want to try to keep things on topic. Cheers
In game dev shown in june != made in june. You have no idea when in the dev cycle that madden footage is nor do you know in this case so there is no comparison to be made. But yea the argument is moot and I have some e3 work to do

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »