Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #161
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Dear Knight, Razr, Strut, Jasnake and others,

First thank you for all your hard work on the rosters. I was going to proceed with V3, but have now decided to wait for V4 of the rosters.

In regard to Detroit, I am hesitant to suggest bumps up or down as I am not so good with the number system. I can only suggest that Cabrera and Boesch are probably doing better than their rating numbers suggest and Rayburn and Laird are probably doing worse.

I note the file is going to go to knight. If possible, there is one Detroit minor league player who I suggest should be replaced. I had thought Brett Jensen would start the season in the minors, but he was actually cut before opening day. I would suggest replacing Jensen with either Brandon Wise (started season in AA and was promoted to AAA Toledo) or Matt Hoffman (Started season in Lakeland and was promoted first to AA and later to AAA Toledo.). The information I have for them is as follows:

Wise, Brendan: (RHP) (RP
Age 24 / 6'2" / 190 lbs / B L / T R
Fielding glove: Black
Pitches: Fastball 90s / slider / change / splitter

Hoffman, Matt (LHP) (RP)
Age 21 / 6'2" / 195 lbs / B L / T L
I could not find any information on what pitches he throws.

That is just a suggestion. All the other Detroit minor league players are correct.

Thank you again for all your hard work.

Karle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #162
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRunAndShoot
Last year he used 60ft6in, his own vast knowledge, and I believe bahnzo's tool. Maybe a couple other resources and scouting reports. He's about as accurate as knight with his work. Meaning (99.99% accurate)

If you post some PitchFX charts for some off these guys it might help prove your point.
Close

60ft6in, Lindy's baseball scouting mag, fangraphs and other pitchfx sources, and some in game footage
Old 06-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #163
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

[quote=adamj2281;2041185595] I'm really waiting on that, it's hard to play with the Braves and still have Chipper as the best player on my team. [quote]

You can ease your fears. Martin Prado is now the highest rated Brave hitter (Bahnzo numbers with bump up). Jason Heyward is second (Knights ratings not mine). Chipper has fallen dramatically (Bahnzo numbers with a bump downwards). That being said the pitchers are Hudson, Hanson, Lowe, Medlen, Kawakami in that order (if ratings bar order matters).

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #164
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

for the player attribute change bump Adrian Gonzalez contact vs LHP, if i recall its way worse then it is vs RHP but here is a screenshot from last night

Old 06-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #165
Pro

OVR: 4

[quote=JaSnake16;2041188686][quote=adamj2281;2041185595] I'm really waiting on that, it's hard to play with the Braves and still have Chipper as the best player on my team.
Quote:

You can ease your fears. Martin Prado is now the highest rated Brave hitter (Bahnzo numbers with bump up). Jason Heyward is second (Knights ratings not mine). Chipper has fallen dramatically (Bahnzo numbers with a bump downwards). That being said the pitchers are Hudson, Hanson, Lowe, Medlen, Kawakami in that order (if ratings bar order matters).
Yeah I actually edited them using Bahnzo's numbers last night, and have pretty much the same, Chipper is way down now. I moved Brooks Conrad up some, but with the small sample set it's hard to figure out exactly where to put him. I'm going to play with it the next few days until v4 comes out, and then I will either start over or just roll with what I got.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #166
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

[quote=adamj2281;2041188839][quote=JaSnake16;2041188686]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
I'm really waiting on that, it's hard to play with the Braves and still have Chipper as the best player on my team.

Yeah I actually edited them using Bahnzo's numbers last night, and have pretty much the same, Chipper is way down now. I moved Brooks Conrad up some, but with the small sample set it's hard to figure out exactly where to put him. I'm going to play with it the next few days until v4 comes out, and then I will either start over or just roll with what I got.
I bumped Conrad up a little bit because hes serviceable utility guy. Hes more of a jouneyman though (I think he started in Oakland) and too old to really be considered a prospect at this point.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #167
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

[quote=JaSnake16;2041189376][quote=adamj2281;2041188839]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16

I bumped Conrad up a little bit because hes serviceable utility guy. Hes more of a jouneyman though (I think he started in Oakland) and too old to really be considered a prospect at this point.
Conrad, as I said previously, deserved that bump. He was voted May's most clutch player. Over Dallas Braden who pitched a perfect game. Over Morales who hit a walk off grand slam. And over whoever else did well in May.

A bump that I'd like to see for the relievers for the Braves would also be Michael Dunn. The guy didn't do too bad in New York last year and has proven to have an electric arm. The guy is a perfect LOOGY in the league and I'm sure if we didn't have O'Flaherty, he would be doing just fine with the Braves right now (he's dominating AAA). A bump to Luis Valdez wouldn't hurt either, but since he's not even in America right now... it's fine.

Is there an ETA on v4?
Old 06-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #168
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
for the player attribute change bump Adrian Gonzalez contact vs LHP, if i recall its way worse then it is vs RHP but here is a screenshot from last night

More proof:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ad01&year=&t=b

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »