Home

Skate 3 Review

This is a discussion on Skate 3 Review within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #9
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Skate 3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman
Skate 3 gets the lowest score of all three simply for leaving out the LOCAL multiplayer option. Why couldn't Skate 3 have the option to play with a friend sitting next to you when the first two games did?
Skate and Skate 2 have a splitscreen option? If so, point it out. I hadn't ever heard of that. If it does and Skate 3 doesn't, I'll go out and buy Skate 2 right now.

If you're referring to some sort of "alternate turns" mode or a LAN play option or something, then I guess I'm less concerned about something like that. But a free skate splitscreen mode is everything for me... and I don't believe that Skate (1) had it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
Very generous overall score. This game is a 7 at most. The franchise started off pretty strong and has just gotten weaker as more games have come out. I would much prefer the formula of the first game where it pretty much replicated the first Tony Hawk Underground with building up your skater through sponsors. Keep that general formula and add the other aspects that have been introduced as the games have gone on.
This series started off trying to focus on the realism rather than the crazy airs and ridiculous lines that you could pull off in the Tony Hawk games yet now it seems like that's exactly what Skate is becoming. They need to better incorporate the team building feature and fix the skater creator, the skater faces are pretty terrible and their lack of quality is made even more obvious when you see how good the actual pros in the game look. I had more fun playing Skate 1 than this game. I'd have to agree with whoever said Skate1 > Skate 2 > Skate 3.
While the game is fun, it leaves you with a sense of unfulfilled potential. They need to get rid of those gimmicky story line openings that they use to put your skater back at square one at the start of every game.I'm not talking about the intro videos (those are funny to watch), I'm talking about your skater always almost killing himself then having to rebuild your career. It's like an excuse to make you play the game rather than just progressing your skater in one continuous experience from Skate 1, 2 and 3.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #11
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
I organized my post in paragraphs with indents, why is it all jumbled together?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #12
Strategy

OVR: 36
i feel this score. this game is good, and I'm not even a skater.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:13 AM   #13
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

I have never really been into skating games...think I played the skate or skate 2 demo a while ago and liked it. Took a huge chance in my mind and bought this over the weekend and I am really surprised how much FUN the game is. Since I didn't play the first 2 in the series I'm able to have a lot of fun without thinking about the game in relation to its predecessors.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm thinking I might pick this up tomorrow. They have it for 39.99 at GS new. Is there any incentive to buy it new or should I go used?
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #15
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I think you're good to buy it used. It came out before that Online Pass business, so I think you can just save yourself a couple bucks.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #16
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayman
I think you're good to buy it used. It came out before that Online Pass business, so I think you can just save yourself a couple bucks.
Thanks Witn..er D-man I'll check it out used then. I loved skate 1 and 2 with a fever! Lookin forward to this one now.
The celebrity chef culture is a remarkable and admittedly annoying phenomenon. Of all the professions, after all, few people are less suited to be suddenly thrown into the public eye than chefs. We're used to doing what we do in private, behind closed doors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »