Home

NBA 2K11 Eyes-On Impressions: Looks Are Everything - For Now (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Eyes-On Impressions: Looks Are Everything - For Now (Kotaku) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #25
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16
cool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #26
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K11 Eyes-On Impressions: Looks Are Everything - For Now (Kotaku)

Hmm, 2k11 is still very much a mystery. So far the other hoop game looks more fun, and most of all, new.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:29 AM   #27
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Smooth 00
2k has not impresses me with just talk of presentation
oh boy let me guess...Live just wowed you and now 2k needs to step up their game....same ol song and dance only this time its a lot earlier lol

im staying away from the forums till late Oct so every info for Live and 2k will be nice and fresh...

Last edited by Goffs; 06-24-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Can I ask you why you feel 2k is scrambling as if they arent capable of having their own plan?
Never said that 2K isn't capable. I think EA's somewhat revamped 1:1 controls puts pressure on 2K to come up with something just like when DNA came out, 2K suddenly comes up with their own, lesser version of it which looked like something they scrambled to put together to match EA's new feature.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 33

The Shaq shooting 3s is a glitch that happens when you use custom rosters as well as leaving players roles on ... you wont be seeing this unless it is a shot to prevent clock from running out.

The gameplay of 2k10 is as deep as you could wish, maybe not as responsive as we would like (2k8), but you cant even compare it to any other existent basketball videogame (includding its own past versions).

Even more, the game as a whole (presentation-graphics-features-gameplay-sim engine-editability) is by far the most deep sportgame within the genre.

Thus that does not mean that it is perfect in any way (look at the wish lists) or that doesnt have flaws (as it came with an insane mutitude of glitchs with some new arising from the patches) or areas for improvements: like defense and control responsiveness.

With Wang (within the main responsables of Live10 upgrades) and the CH guys on board, we should see noticeable improvements on the responsiveness and facets we are all ineterested in. I have no doubts that 2k11 will be even more deep and complete than its past itinerations. And for the record, I also no doubts that Elite 11 will surpass Live 10.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #30
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Never said that 2K isn't capable. I think EA's somewhat revamped 1:1 controls puts pressure on 2K to come up with something just like when DNA came out, 2K suddenly comes up with their own, lesser version of it which looked like something they scrambled to put together to match EA's new feature.
uhh...dude seriously? 2k has yet to show what the new controls would be like and you think they are scrambling? i mean...wtf...the info were all given out at E3 at the same time its not like 2k was waiting to see what the competitor is doing......the logic that some of you....good god....this was like the number 1 complaint.....scramble? mind boggling...

Last edited by Goffs; 06-24-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #31
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

This game is sounding better and better everyday man. I cant wait to see it in action. What would you guys think, late August when we start really seeing it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
uhh...dude seriously? 2k has yet to show what the new controls would be like and you think they are scrambling? i mean...wtf...the info were all given out at E3 at the same time its not like 2k was waiting to see what the competitor is doing......the logic that some of you....good god....this was like the number 1 complaint.....scramble? mind boggling...
Dude, I'm just giving a train of thought to 23 to answer his question. If you DON'T think that whatever they called their answer to DNA was wasn't 2K looking over their shoulders at Live, you gotta be kidding me. I could see if Live came out with it one year then 2K did their own, more realized version of it the next but that wasn't the case. They scraped something together after DNA (365) was announced and it looked as such. Was it one man who was supposed to updated NBA2K's data or something like that? C'mon, son.

And to say that's not what's going on, now, with the controls is a valid point yet and still, 2K hints at a new control scheme but doesn't want to give away details in the face of EA's onslaught of info on revamped, 1:1 controls. Even in this article, 1:1 controls is uttered for the first time by 2K when it wasn't before. Now 2K is going with 1:1 controls, eh?

Maybe some people's logic is different from yours but, here, I see a similarity to what happened with another feature, before. THAT'S where my logic stems from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »