Home

Madden NFL 11 Player Ratings: Top Players at Each Position (K0ACHK)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Player Ratings: Top Players at Each Position (K0ACHK) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #233
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 11 Player Ratings: Top Players at Each Position (K0ACHK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
1. I know Big Ben won a super bowl but Rivers could have done it too if he had a defense that dominant. I mean Brad Johnson won a super bowl with a fantastic defense.

2. Drew Brees definitely deserves to be a 99. He played like an all time great last year. And I HATE the saints (falcon fan).
Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer don't drive 88 yards in 2 minutes and throw Super Bowl winning touchdowns either. They also don't throw for 500 yards and throw 'walk off' TD passes or win over 70% of their starts.

Big Ben was a 'game manager' his first 2 years in the league, but during the playoffs in his second year, he stepped up and played HUGE, and he's been the man ever since. The only people who compare him to guys like Brad Johnson are either ignorant or haters and haven't watched him play. How many 4th qtr game winning drives, 300+ yard games, playoff wins, Super Bowls, etc. does Roethlisberger have to have before he sheds that image? I mean he averaged over 288 yards/game last season and put up a 100+ passer rating.

And the 'anybody' can win with a good defense remark is just stupid. The Steelers of the 90's had great defense, a great offensive line, running game, etc. Guess what... no QB, no Lombardi.

And Philip Rivers has had plenty of talent on both sides of the ball throughout his career. That D has had about one below average year and that was when they went 8-8. They are consistently a top 10 scoring defense. Sure, they're no Steelers or Ravens, but with such an explosive offense I think any excuses are pretty lame.

I could really care less about the rating, it's just the general disrespect of Roethlisberger that annoys me. People don't like the way he plays the game and it annoys them that he always wins. His latest off-field incident just gives people more reason to hate him and diss him.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #234
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Big Ben gets respect, but he isn't the QB you make him out to be. I would take Rogers, Manning, Brees, and Rivers over Roethlisburger any day of the week.

― Plato
Old 06-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #235
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer don't drive 88 yards in 2 minutes and throw Super Bowl winning touchdowns either. They also don't throw for 500 yards and throw 'walk off' TD passes or win over 70% of their starts.

Big Ben was a 'game manager' his first 2 years in the league, but during the playoffs in his second year, he stepped up and played HUGE, and he's been the man ever since. The only people who compare him to guys like Brad Johnson are either ignorant or haters and haven't watched him play. How many 4th qtr game winning drives, 300+ yard games, playoff wins, Super Bowls, etc. does Roethlisberger have to have before he sheds that image? I mean he averaged over 288 yards/game last season and put up a 100+ passer rating.

And the 'anybody' can win with a good defense remark is just stupid. The Steelers of the 90's had great defense, a great offensive line, running game, etc. Guess what... no QB, no Lombardi.

And Philip Rivers has had plenty of talent on both sides of the ball throughout his career. That D has had about one below average year and that was when they went 8-8. They are consistently a top 10 scoring defense. Sure, they're no Steelers or Ravens, but with such an explosive offense I think any excuses are pretty lame.

I could really care less about the rating, it's just the general disrespect of Roethlisberger that annoys me. People don't like the way he plays the game and it annoys them that he always wins. His latest off-field incident just gives people more reason to hate him and diss him.
1. No, they didn't have to drive down for a game winning touchdown because they already had the game won early thanks to a fantastic defense.

2. I'm not comparing him to Brad Johnson. They are nothing alike. I'm just saying that the simple reason that "he won a superbowl or 2" doesn't make him a great quarterback.

3. I'm not saying anybody can win with a great D. I'm saying you don't have to be a top quarterback to do it. Rex Grossman reached the superbowl....

4. Yeah, the chargers had talent all around, but he didn't have, in my opinion, one of the top ten defenses all time.

5. I know you don't think I respect the man, but I really do. He is absolutely one of the best QBs in the league. I'm just saying he is not top 5.

top 5 in my book:
Brees
Manning
Brady
Rodgers
Rivers

To be honest, the reason he is not a top 5 is consistency.
His passer rating over the last 4 years:
09: 100.5
08: 80.1
07: 104.1
06: 75.4 (in which btw, he through 5 more picks than TDs)

Some years, he is just phenomenal, and other years he is average at best. That is why he is considered one of the better QBs but not a top 5 QB. We all know what he is capable of, but he needs consistency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #236
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Big Ben gets respect, but he isn't the QB you make him out to be. I would take Rogers, Manning, Brees, and Rivers over Roethlisburger any day of the week.
I agree.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #237
Rookie

OVR: 2

Big ben Better then Aaron Rodgers ... LOL !
Old 06-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #238
Banned

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise-Star-21
Big ben Better then Aaron Rodgers ... LOL !
That's cool...but im going to continue LOLing at Rivers and Rodgers with a big fat ZERO Super Bowl titles

LOL LOL LOL LOL.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #239
Banned

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
haters are going to hate...its been this way from the beginning with B-Roeth

I'll reiterate again that, People have been lurking around for years clenching their fists, waiting for the opportunity to discredit the way the guy plays the Qb position.....because they think its all been "Given" to him or hes lucky for this or that reason.

All these Fantasy League Players, just cant wrap their head around on how he is always winning....and when people don't understand something they don't like, they hate or make lame excuses to try and justify it to themselves

Back to Madden....How many freaking years of Brett Favre and Culpepper stinking it up did they have before their ratings went down???

again, I could see them dropping him down had he had a year like 06, but he had his best statistical year last year.........what freaking sense does that make
Fabulous post. We can argue with haters forever over Madden ratings but in real life their teams havent won jack. I'll take the hardware, they can have Madden ratings

And Donny, i realize you had to keep the Steelers overall team rating down because they were a 9-7 team and missed the playoffs, but let me suggest instead of giving BR7 an insulting rating...lower Harrisons 97 a few notches and up Ben's a few. Harrison did fall off the second half of last season and truly doesnt desrve a 97.

Last edited by Luca Brasi; 06-25-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #240
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
1. No, they didn't have to drive down for a game winning touchdown because they already had the game won early thanks to a fantastic defense.

2. I'm not comparing him to Brad Johnson. They are nothing alike. I'm just saying that the simple reason that "he won a superbowl or 2" doesn't make him a great quarterback.

3. I'm not saying anybody can win with a great D. I'm saying you don't have to be a top quarterback to do it. Rex Grossman reached the superbowl....

4. Yeah, the chargers had talent all around, but he didn't have, in my opinion, one of the top ten defenses all time.

5. I know you don't think I respect the man, but I really do. He is absolutely one of the best QBs in the league. I'm just saying he is not top 5.

top 5 in my book:
Brees
Manning
Brady
Rodgers
Rivers

To be honest, the reason he is not a top 5 is consistency.
His passer rating over the last 4 years:
09: 100.5
08: 80.1
07: 104.1
06: 75.4 (in which btw, he through 5 more picks than TDs)

Some years, he is just phenomenal, and other years he is average at best. That is why he is considered one of the better QBs but not a top 5 QB. We all know what he is capable of, but he needs consistency.
This is a good post, but I'm pretty good at making excuses for stuff. First of all, why only the last 4 years?
05: 98.6
04: 98.1

That's 4 out of 6 years with a 98+ passer rating. 2 mediocre years.

In 06 we all know about his problems. Rushed back from appendicitis in week 2 and then rushed back again from a concussion mid season he struggled most of the year including I think his worst game ever against the Raiders with 4 INTs.

In '08, his stats were definitely not great, but he actually had a really good regular season except for a 3 game stretch. The Steelers played against the toughest defenses week in and week out that year. Ben was our offense that year. Our running game was awful and our O-line sucked. Despite that, he came through over and over in the clutch.

Anyway, the only reason his overall stats don't show it is because he had a HORRIBLE 3 game stretch against the Giants, Redskins, and Colts. Ignoring that he played injured in that stretch (I think that only really affected the Redskins game where he had to miss half the game), he played poorly and basically lost the game against the Colts himself. In that stretch, he had a 37.5 passer rating and 1-2 record and threw only 1 TD compared to 8 INTs. BUT, in the other 13 games of the year he had an 11-2 record and went 234-382 for 2782 yards with 16 TDs to 7 INTs with a rating of 89.8.

Basically he played well the whole year, but had really bad statistical luck. I think it was 5 or 6 INTs he threw that weren't his fault. He had 3 hail mary passes at the ends of losses that were intercepted (meaningless picks, but still hurt the stats), then had one or 2 passes picked off after being tipped at the LOS, and another off the hands of Nate Washington (note that 4 of these came in that 3 game stretch). He also had I think 2 (maybe 3) TD passes called back by penalties (BS or otherwise) and also a couple dropped. That's why you will hear almost any Steelers fan who watched him that year say 'stats don't tell the story.'

Basically, I'm saying that he sucked in '06 (but with the decent excuse of almost dying and being rushed into action) and played good in '08 but a couple games killed his stats. The guy has a 91.7 career regular season rating, is up there with Tom Brady as far as playoff QBs go this decade, and more proven than Rivers or Rodgers. I can see how Rivers could be argued for, and Rodgers could be there with another great year or two, but just hasn't proven himself in my eyes yet. 2 years with pretty stats alone don't make a top 5 NFL QB. He's 17-15 as a starter and 0-1 in the playoffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »