Home

Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works

This is a discussion on Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2010, 05:55 AM   #25
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Major Backbreaker Patch in the Works

With the UK release behind them, if they don't release any codes in the next week or two then I think that could be as incomplete as the download section on their website.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 06:12 AM   #26
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
I hope this will bring more people to appericiae BB football
Old 06-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
Actually I've always thought that there was more on the actual disk that was not activated. I think the patch will unlock and/or activate these additions and finish tweaking them, as well as fix gameplay issues.
I agree, I've always felt the game was incomplete, it was supposed to have customizable soundtracks and a better replay mode from what I remember, where did it go? As far as unlocking stuff, didn't madden have the broadcast cam in the game but had it locked because it did not work correctly. I think this patch will actually be the game NM wanted to release, they just ran out of time, it's obvious they were having trouble finishing the game, they extended the release date about a month before release.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #28

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Its pretty comical.
I'm confused as to how?

He quoted two people and you have no idea if the scenerio he described even applies to them. And you are accusing them of having double standards?

I still don't get how Madden is relevant here. Every time there is any criticism brought up that is the defense mechanism used...

Last edited by kehlis; 06-26-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #29
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm confused as to how?

He quoted two people and you have no idea if the scenerio he described even applies to them. And you are accusing them of having double standards?

I still don't get how Madden is relevant here. Every time there is any criticism brought up that is the defense mechanism used...
You can't really blame him. It's hard for people to be critical of the choices they make. It takes a really grounded and logical personality type to stand by their decisions with conviction. Comparisons to Madden's faults is a natural stage in grief:

Denial: "There's nothing wrong with BackBreaker, learn to play, stop whining and get your game up!"

Anger: "So what BackBreaker needs a patch, Madden needs a patch every year"

Bargaining: "If only the devs would release a patch to fix interceptions, offensive line blocking against the blitz, the erratic camera, CPU AI and interceptions, online host advantage, quitters not receiving a loss, then maybe more people will like the game." ->-BackBreaker Support Forum full of complaints <-

Depression: The sales figures alone are enough for fans and the devs to be depressed, I'll forgive this one.

**Acceptance: This is what fans of BackBreaker have to deal with. They have to accept that decisions by the dev team are the reason for the games current state including it's faults, popularity (or lack thereof) and sales.**

Last edited by TreFacTor; 06-26-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #30
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6

Good I bought this game on launch day it still gets played a decent ammount but I hope the patch fixes a lot of the AI problems.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2
nice to here BB is a good game already, the patch should only make it better hopefully but i like Natural Motion and even if the patch misses some issues i have i pretty BB2 will be only improved. But i dont see how people can be some negative? saming the game sucks is a opinion but its never too late.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramaking
nice to here BB is a good game already, the patch should only make it better hopefully but i like Natural Motion and even if the patch misses some issues i have i pretty BB2 will be only improved. But i dont see how people can be some negative? saming the game sucks is a opinion but its never too late.
hear* saying*

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »