Home

Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Miami Dolphins and New York Jets

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Miami Dolphins and New York Jets within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 01:55 AM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Miami Dolphins and New York Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
umm accuracy, that sounds like completion pct to me but ookay, awr? sounds like progression in the system and knowledge of the game. as far as greg camarillo goes, should he have 99 cth b/c he didn't drop a pass? i would say he didn't really impact a game with those catches since he's a short range possession receiver. i get it though, you maaad.

Accuracy sounds like comp % to you? Uhh duh. I don't even know what your getting at there, it sounds like you agree. They should base their accuracy off last years comp %

As far as greg camarillo goes, he didn't impact a game. He caught every pass that hit his hands, were talking about catch rating: the ability to catch the ball. The reason hes not an 'impact' player as you say is due to all his others ratings-hes not fast, that agile, explosive. The reason hes in the NFL is because hes smart and has great hands.

That was probably the weakest argument Ive come up against here-- but I guess I shouldn't expect much out of someone who cant put the r at the end of you(r) and uses a picture of a childrens character to emphasize ( you might want to look that one up) his point.

That's okay you....not gonna say it because its a violation, and I don't want to get banned over such a petty post.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #98
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
cotchery has had 1000 yd seasons. that answers that. leonhard will probably be better than bell, he's on the better D and will perform like the better player, whether or not you think that is true is irrelevant as the production is what madden is attempting to reproduce. if leonhard plays like an 85 because darrelle revis is a 99, then why would he not get an 85 if all the individual ratings are correct? some would argue that a team that wins has talented players. but you're right, i didn't read the whole thread, it's 9 pages! i skimmed the latest. so my b. oh and smith probably should be lower.
Cotchery had that season 3 seasons ago lol. there is no way to argue the fact that 60 yards and 1 TD does not constitute an 11 point difference between the players. the NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately" league. Leonhard may play better than bell, or he may not. Last season he didnt, and the season before as well. In fact, if you researched anything before you respond, youd see that bell has only 8 more games played and 140 more tackles than Leonhard. so who is to assume that Leonhard will be better this season? your revis statement has little to do with anything. he is an amazing player,one of the best, but what does he have to do with leonhards 85 overall? Are you trying to say that because Revis is so good, why not boost leonhard's rating because he doesnt have to do as much to look good in the secondary? that would only be true if there were a true chemistry system madden implements, but they dont. that is madden's problem. i do believe a team that wins has talented players, but not always the most talented, and those talented players shouldn't raise other players individual ratings in Madden.

Last edited by warrior7807; 06-29-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 AM   #99
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
Cotchery had that season 3 seasons ago lol. there is no way to argue the fact that 60 yards and 1 TD does not constitute an 11 point difference between the players. the NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately" league. Leonhard may play better than bell, or he may not. Last season he didnt, and the season before as well. In fact, if you researched anything before you respond, youd see that bell has only 8 more games played and 140 more tackles than Leonhard. so who is to assume that Leonhard will be better this season? your revis statement has little to do with anything. he is an amazing player,one of the best, but what does he have to do with leonhards 85 overall? Are you trying to say that because Revis is so good, why not boost leonhard's rating because he doesnt have to do as much to look good in the secondary? that would only be true if there were a true chemistry system madden implements, but they dont. that is madden's problem. i do believe a team that wins has talented players, but not always the most talented, and those talented players shouldn't raise other players individual ratings in Madden.
We get it. You are a Miami fan, and you are mad. You also hate the Jets. Well get used to the fact that the Jets are a very good team, and will be around for awhile. They will be good on Sundays (and monday nights), and be good in Madden too.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:14 AM   #100
Pro

OVR: 11

Look guys, I don't agree with the ratings either. Actually, I highly disagree with them. But the debates won't do anything. Let's just let our boys get their deserved rating when they start doing weekly (or monthly..?) ratings. If Henne lights it up, like he should, he'll be up there.

I'm not really concerned with the overall #, I'm more concerned with the attributes that are too high/low.

For instance, Ronnie is slow. He should be 84-85 speed at this point. BUT, he can truck like a mofo, and can stiff arm like anyone out there.

Another example is Vontae's hitting power. Absolutely no way Sean Smith is a harder hitter than Vontae. Vontae is probably up there with Sheldon Brown as far as hitting goes.

Just stuff like that. I know Donny can't get all of those right. Would be tough. That's why I think we should have more than one ratings guy, just so each player has more accurate ratings.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:15 AM   #101
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Oh stop it already. Obviously D. Moore thinks Sanchez is 4 pts. higher than Henne. BIG DEAL. You can cut and slice it any way you want to. It is what it is. You havent given Sanchez one thing i mentioned. You are blinded by stats alone. Well obviously, more than just stats go into a player rating.

Take Gholston as an example. So far, hes done NOTHING on the field. So EA is in a tough spot in regards to rating him because his physical talent is still there. Hes still fast, and very strong. So how do you rate him? You going to lower his overall speed? Agilty? Strength? His physical ratings are very high, but they lowered what they could like awareness etc. His physical ratings are so high that they effect the overall, but that doesn't tell the whole story.

I have been disgusted with him so far, but this year the Jets are moving him from OLB to DE and so far, the reports from camp have been more positive. I'm willing to give him a chance because he's only been here a couple years, and was drafted very high, so i'd like to see what he can do. He's a perfect example of why ratings are tough. Statistically, he's done nothing yet, but is still young and very much a physical specimen.

You keep bringing up the Jets #1 defense and ground game and thats very much true. BUT what is also very much true is Sanchez was not only learning on the fly as a very green rookie, but the Jets didnt exactly have alot of options for him to throw to either. I Love Cotchery, but he is NOT a #1 WR. He was with the Jets. Hes a great possession receiver, but not a #1 wideout. This year, he will have more options with Holmes, LT, and the old cast. Plus he will have a full year AND playoff experience behind him. THAT is what EA rates him on. Get over this already.
Stats are what players are judged on individually. ive said in other posts here that sanchez has what it takes, and i know what you mean about Gholston, he is a rare specimen. Facts are Facts. the only thing we have to base the players off are what they did last season (henne and sanchez) Henne performed better with less, had as bad WRs as the jets, had a top 5 running game, and had a piss poor D. He also had control of more of the playbook, even though it wasn't scripted for his talents(rather Pennington's). Sanchez was green, and limited in the playbook and Rex did a good job giving him one side of the field to work with to make it easier for him. Sanchez had a poor season for a starter. If your going to defend him by continuing to say he was a rookie, then they should rate him as that. If you want to continue to be ignorant to the fact that Henne was better in every way possible that a QB can be measured in, be my guest.

Last edited by warrior7807; 06-29-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 02:26 AM   #102
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

Quote:
a whole offseason, with braylon, jerricho and santonio, combined with their run game... and dustin keller? i think sanchez being higher is fair since he will have the more successful season even if his weapons are stellar. should P. manning have been lowered when he had all those stars on his offensive team?

camarillo made 50 catches for 500 yds. i don't think that warrants any high ratings in any area.
im sorry but you lose all credibility to your post when you compare Sanchez with a QB who will retire with most, if not all, of the passing records under his name. i agree Sanchez will be better with an offseason with them, he cant get much worse. if that statement is to be said about NY, than a similar one should be said with MIA with the addition of Marshall and the health of Ronnie/Ricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
We get it. You are a Miami fan, and you are mad. You also hate the Jets. Well get used to the fact that the Jets are a very good team, and will be around for awhile. They will be good on Sundays (and monday nights), and be good in Madden too.
i am a mia fan and i stated openly that the jets were the better team and showed it. MIA matches up well with them as shown. Both teams are young and loaded with potential.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 AM   #103
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
Stats is what players are judged on individually. ive said in other posts here that sanchez has what it takes, and i know what you mean about Gholston, he is a rare specimen. Facts are Facts. the only thing we have to base the players off are what they did last season (henne and sanchez) Henne performed better with less, had as bad WRs as the jets, had a top 5 running game, and had a piss poor D. He also had control of more of the playbook, even though it wasn't scripted for his talents(rather Pennington's). Sanchez was green, and limited in the playbook and Rex did a good job giving him one side of the field to work with to make it easier for him. Sanchez had a poor season for a starter. If your going to defend him by continuing to say he was a rookie, then they should rate him as that. If you want to continue to be ignorant to the fact that Henne was better in every way possible that a QB can be measured in, be my guest.
Oh, so i'm ignorant now. Or is the ignorant one here the one that refuses to acknowledge the fact that more than simple stats go into overall ratings?

You said you agree with me about why it's hard to rate Gholston. On the field, NOTHING. Yet his 40 speed, his bench press, his agility and so on are very high. So take overall with a grain of salt, because his other ratings are very low like awareness, tackling, even power and finesse moves are fairly low. But when you average them out, he's a 75.

Leonhard has 96 stamina, and 92 injury which help keep his overall to 85. Bell is an 82, but if you break down his ratings they have him low at Catching 43, Power move 35, Finesse move 47. So if you dig into the individual ratings, you can see why the overalls are what they are.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:32 AM   #104
Banned

Also, based on your ststa from last year only analogy, why should R. Brown be an 89 OVR? Didn't he only rush for 600 and change yds?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »