Home

Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Miami Dolphins and New York Jets

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Miami Dolphins and New York Jets within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #105
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 11 Full Player Ratings: Miami Dolphins and New York Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Also, based on your ststa from last year only analogy, why should R. Brown be an 89 OVR? Didn't he only rush for 600 and change yds?
i may be wrong, but i dont believe stamina and injury play any role in overall.

Yeah, Gholstons speed alone will inflate his Rating, your right on that. Ronnie was on pace for 1140 yards and 11-13 TD. He was also injured and his overall did go down from last season 3 points i believe from the last update which is what is to be expected with injured players. I am not sure what Jenkin's overall was at the last update, 95 if im not mistaken(not sure)? his ovr in M11 is 94. if he comes back 100% healthy and is effective, than fine, but if his ACL knee isnt the same, i expect him to drop 2 or so points also. Both have low inj ratings.

Last edited by warrior7807; 06-29-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 03:41 AM   #106
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Oh, so i'm ignorant now. Or is the ignorant one here the one that refuses to acknowledge the fact that more than simple stats go into overall ratings?

You said you agree with me about why it's hard to rate Gholston. On the field, NOTHING. Yet his 40 speed, his bench press, his agility and so on are very high. So take overall with a grain of salt, because his other ratings are very low like awareness, tackling, even power and finesse moves are fairly low. But when you average them out, he's a 75.

Leonhard has 96 stamina, and 92 injury which help keep his overall to 85. Bell is an 82, but if you break down his ratings they have him low at Catching 43, Power move 35, Finesse move 47. So if you dig into the individual ratings, you can see why the overalls are what they are.
Just looked at the Jets ratings. What a joke. Oh well, just makes me a little more excited for the beat down the fins are gonna lay on them this year.

Apparently Gohlston will play DE in the jets hybrid D because he was such a bust at linebacker. Good luck.

Everyone knows if you take a linebacker and move him to DE his rating go up in madden(especially if hes athletic). Apparently this still holds true. Somehow he has an 87 strength rating, the same strength rating as the dolphins first round pick, Jared Odrick, who was a DT out of Penn State. A finesse linebacker who has zero sacks in two seasons with the same strength rating as a Ist round DT whose 40 pounds heavier. Ridiculous.

He couldn't play linebacker and now hes trying a new position and his awareness is a 64..should be about a 30.

What an overrated team, really can't wait till they finish 8-8 and everybody in NY flips out. Thinking about it now, it only makes it that much more enjoyable that they think they have this superbowl bound team.

If you type Vernon gohlston into google the first phrase that comes up is vernon gohlston bust.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:52 AM   #107
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
The thing that people forget is that the 2010 season forecast is also factored in to how these ratings are determined. People think that the Jets are gonna be good this year and that in particular Sanchez is going to improve his play, so naturally he might be rated a tad bit higher than if one was doing ratings purely off of last season's performance.
But the Phins got Marshall. One of the best WR in the league. So that just adds to my confusion.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #108
Banned

OVR: 10

Can you repeat everything you said I couldn't hear over you're crying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Just looked at the Jets ratings. What a joke. Oh well, just makes me a little more excited for the beat down the fins are gonna lay on them this year.

Apparently Gohlston will play DE in the jets hybrid D because he was such a bust at linebacker. Good luck.

Everyone knows if you take a linebacker and move him to DE his rating go up in madden(especially if hes athletic). Apparently this still holds true. Somehow he has an 87 strength rating, the same strength rating as the dolphins first round pick, Jared Odrick, who was a DT out of Penn State. A finesse linebacker who has zero sacks in two seasons with the same strength rating as a Ist round DT whose 40 pounds heavier. Ridiculous.

He couldn't play linebacker and now hes trying a new position and his awareness is a 64..should be about a 30.

What an overrated team, really can't wait till they finish 8-8 and everybody in NY flips out. Thinking about it now, it only makes it that much more enjoyable that they think they have this superbowl bound team.

If you type Vernon gohlston into google the first phrase that comes up is vernon gohlston bust.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:42 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
Vontae Davis is a major snub at 82, I would make him like a 85 bc the kid has major upside. Your off on Allen n Smith. One was a rookie so I give him a pass but they both got burned a ton last year. Cromartie and Leonhard is better then both. Sanchez is higher then Henne bc he was playing very good in the playoffs and playoffs>reg season
You've got to watch more games rather than highlights. Davis was torched far more than Smith. David just made more plays on the ball.

Smith was on lock down mode for a pretty large portion of his rookie season, although he did have a couple of horrible "rookie" performances. He was pretty consistent though, MORE consistent than Davis actually.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:44 AM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 5

Also, the swagger rating makes sense if it's kind of like a momentum boost. It'd make sense for a player that is playing lights out. This could lead to seeing individuals dominate games, which is something that isn't seen often enough in sports games, especially if CPU.

This would work well especially for QB's. FORGET ABOUT RATINGS. Every great player has a bad game or two (vice versa), and hopefully the swagger rating will help that. I'd love to see Brett Favre come out and have a horrible first series, maybe a couple of early turnovers... and just completely lose it trying to do too much even though he's rated in the 90s.

Last edited by Fresh Prince; 06-29-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #111
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"

Hi *****! All you have is a big mouth. The Jets are a better team than the Dolphins. They were last year and they showed it by going to the conference championship, and they'll show it again this year. In fact, the Pats will be better than Miami this year. You are at best a 3rd place team. Good luck with your battle for the basement with Buffalo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #112
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

it would be hilarious if the jets ended up like the 2006 redskins...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »