Home

Madden NFL 11 "Swagger" Rating Explained (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 "Swagger" Rating Explained (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #57
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 11 "Swagger" Rating Explained (MyMaddenPad)

i've got mixed feelings with this... i mean yeah its nice to be able to differentiate between players based on how they act on the field, but why do we need a rating for this? just program players personalities and allow them to show on the field. its sure as hell not going to sell more copies ofthe game just because there is a swagger rating, what i mean is that nobody who is or isn't going to by the game is going to change there mind because of this, so just let it show on the field rather than market it.
the other thing i'd like to really see is this rating effect off the field situations in franchise. a player with high swagger is likely going to request more money than he may be worth or demand more balls thrown in his direction. a player may complain about playing time etc. etc.

i'm not sure if the NFL allows them to do this? but i remember in 06 last gen i had players complaining about playing time and thats a very realistic thing IMO.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #58
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewsLions
I like the idea in theory. I just hope that the players with a 90 or higher swagger rating aren't celebrating after every play. On the way to the end zone or after a big play, great... all for it. Love to see more character in the game. I just hope that the rating is tamed a little and we all don't get sick of players celebrating after a 5yd run or 9yd pass reception.

you're a lions fan... how many times have you seen roy williams signal for a first down? lol he could catch a 3 yard screen play for a first down and he will celebrate it like he's never caught a pass before
Old 06-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
If done right, ...this is a awesome feature!!

Barry Sanders will actually not spike the ball now! SWEET

I dont understand why people wouldnt like this. Its actually what you see on Sunday. Some guys celebrate, some dont...some are crazy celebraters. I love this feature.

Nice job guys, this kind of little stuff, all adds up to make a much more complete game.
Not sure if you know this, but Barry Sanders retired. Just an fyi...

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It seems a bit pointless to me. I thought the talk of ratings boosting/confidence would make sense, but now it's simply the likelihood of a guy celebrating. I guess I'll judge when I get my hands on the game.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

cubsball899 - This is in effect "programming" their personality. That's the whole point of the rating.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #61
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10

Does anyone know if team celebrations are in M11? If they are, does that come into effect for Swagger?

RIP J.J.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 04:30 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 9

jamarcus russell's ratings..

Awareness: 12
Throw Power: 97
Throw Accuracy: 14
Swagger: 99

brb ballinnnnn

Old 06-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #63
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
cubsball899 - This is in effect "programming" their personality. That's the whole point of the rating.
thanks odogg i didn't know that ...m y point is that there is no reason for us to see that... now when we see a player celebrate a touchdown or not we're going to look at the rating to see what the players "swagger rating" is and probably have people editing it...whereas if we are playing the game and all the sudden we notice some players doing unique celebrations, we are going to think oh cool, EA made the game more realistic...

when you watch a game with chad ochocinco versus terrell owens, do you sit back and quantify how much "swag" the player has? hell no, you just watch the player play the game and if he's playing great you either enjoy or are annoyed by his antics, no reason why EA has to put it in as yet another numerical rating
Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsball899
thanks odogg i didn't know that ...m y point is that there is no reason for us to see that... now when we see a player celebrate a touchdown or not we're going to look at the rating to see what the players "swagger rating" is and probably have people editing it...whereas if we are playing the game and all the sudden we notice some players doing unique celebrations, we are going to think oh cool, EA made the game more realistic...

when you watch a game with chad ochocinco versus terrell owens, do you sit back and quantify how much "swag" the player has? hell no, you just watch the player play the game and if he's playing great you either enjoy or are annoyed by his antics, no reason why EA has to put it in as yet another numerical rating
Yes, because EA gets more moola from putting it in lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »