Home

Madden NFL 11 "Swagger" Rating Explained (MyMaddenPad)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 "Swagger" Rating Explained (MyMaddenPad) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden NFL 11 "Swagger" Rating Explained (MyMaddenPad)

cubsball899 - more control for the user is never a bad thing. Yes they could have hidden the rating but I'm glad they didn't. Now if we get someone celebrating who shouldn't we can adjust it to be correct. And we all know that EA are never spot on with their ratings. Plus this will be a nice feature for creating players of our own as to how we like them. I just don't see any downside to having the rating out there for us to look at and change as opposed to it being a hidden rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
cubsball899 - This is in effect "programming" their personality. That's the whole point of the rating.
Really so each star has there own personality? so they each have their specific mannerisms and celebrations? or is it just a generic showboating rating with all the same celebrations across the board? Showboating doesn't equal each persons personality just a small fraction of it. Will favre jump on his teammates and carry them around? If not player specific it's a pretty weakly implemented rating, and has very little to do with personality and more to do with what they named it swagger aka showboating.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

i dont know about that, ive seen almost every 49ers game last year and the year before that and on every TD frank gore celebrated so it should be alot higher then that maybe 90
Quote:
"The "Old Spice Swagger" rating determines the likelihood of a player to celebrate on the way to the endzone, or after a touchdown. For example, a running back like Adrian Peterson (99 rating) has a greater tendency to celebrate than Frank Gore (50 rating)."

Last edited by red-and-gold; 06-29-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

How do they rate the players that normally don't make many plays? How will they rate the 2nd stringers? Little known players?

How can they tell how much swagger an offensive lineman has? How much swagger a punter or kicker has? Are they going to give second stringers an arbitrary number for their swagger rating?

I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-and-gold
i dont know about that, ive seen almost every 49ers game last year and the year before that and on every TD frank gore celebrate so it should be alot higher then that maybe 90+
Agreed. Gore did some.... provocative celebrations towards the end of the season. (Lions?)
Old 06-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #69
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
Lol, what a dumb feature.
This.

It's such a vague characteristic as well. Frank Gore only has 50 swager? So, that only applies to celebrations? So, his 50 swager rating doesn't hurt his desire, that he keeps his legs churning and fights harder than any other active back in the NFL?

Thanks EA. Thanks for putting in a stupid rating when leadership, consistensy, and agressiveness still aren't in the game.

You get a participation award. Thanks for playing.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-and-gold
i dont know about that, ive seen almost every 49ers game last year and the year before that and on every TD frank gore celebrate so it should be alot higher then that maybe 90
Quote:
"The "Old Spice Swagger" rating determines the likelihood of a player to celebrate on the way to the endzone, or after a touchdown. For example, a running back like Adrian Peterson (99 rating) has a greater tendency to celebrate than Frank Gore (50 rating)."

Ok at least I' am not the only person that seen Gore celebrate after every TD.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This.

It's such a vague characteristic as well. Frank Gore only has 50 swager? So, that only applies to celebrations? So, his 50 swager rating doesn't hurt his desire, that he keeps his legs churning and fights harder than any other active back in the NFL?

Thanks EA. Thanks for putting in a stupid rating when leadership, consistensy, and agressiveness still aren't in the game.

You get a participation award. Thanks for playing.
I agree it's a vague characteristic and that it's a dumb feature, but having leadership, consistency and aggressiveness would be pretty difficult as well. How would EA go about rating players' aggressiveness? If you're not aggressive in this game, you're not in the game at all. Leadership? I don't know. Ok. Peyton has 99. Most QB's are 80-90. Other than the occasional stand out guy (Like Mawae or London Fletcher), anyone that isn't a team captain would be difficult to judge. That's getting to specific for me. No need for those ratings IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

This thread shows how EA can't win for losing with a lot of you. Yes this isn't all encompassing of personality of the players but it's a step in the right direction toward that goal. But for a lot of you it's just an excuse it seems to take EA behind the virtual woodshed once again. I think it's a great addition myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »