Home

2K Sports Reveals Greatest of All Time Cover Athlete for NBA 2K11 (Press Release)

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Reveals Greatest of All Time Cover Athlete for NBA 2K11 (Press Release) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2010, 02:28 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K11 Box Art Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Cover is weak sauce, but will allow it to sell like hotcakes nonetheless.

So it can't be that weak then?

Because it doesn't have all the 'flashy' brushstrokes like Elite/Live doesn't make it weak in any way.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:27 AM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 11
One of the best things about this game is that now they can include the 2000's all stars.soooo sick to play with everyone in their primes.they def gotta put 15 players on the squad. Afro kobe,tmac,vc,shaq,iverson,duncan,ray allen,paul pierce,kg,chris webber,steve nash,dirk,rasheed,pau gasol,and jkidd would be sick on the squad,just PERFECT!
Old 07-08-2010, 05:35 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 11
And I don't think there's a starting 5 that can beat shaq,duncan,tmac,kobe,iverson if they played right....mostly because everyone in this era built their game on those of past eras,mostly the past era...the games are gonna be close I can tell you that...'90s vs.'00s,can't go wrong whatever you choose...hakeem,barkley,pippen,jordan,and isiah...idk it'll be real fun to go at it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #92
Rookie

Hmm, I don't see the MotionPlus logo on the Wii version. Does that mean they took that functionality away this year? It didn't work very well in NBA 2K10 Wii, but since the PS3 version will have Move functionality, seems strange to me.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:13 AM   #93
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: 2K Sports Reveals Greatest Cover of All Time for NBA 2K11 (Press Release)

Whats funny Ive been using the 2Kshare feature and downloading some classic rosters, had the 96Bulls vs 85Lakers, man I had some great games. This is a must for NBA2K11 to have classic teams, especially the rest of the Jordan era classic teams. Forget that all time 80's90's etc. 2K please give us the 90's Bulls, 90'sKnicks, 90'sPacers, 90's Supersonics, 89Pistons, 91Lakers, etc. Man I can't wait for this game.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #94
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

It's really surprising to me how many people want to play with old teams. Of all the things that people like to call gimmicks, having the old players in the game at all always felt like a gimmick to me, and the moment I started playing with any of the old all star teams is usually a sign that I'm about to stop playing that year's NBA game.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #95

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It's really surprising to me how many people want to play with old teams. Of all the things that people like to call gimmicks, having the old players in the game at all always felt like a gimmick to me, and the moment I started playing with any of the old all star teams is usually a sign that I'm about to stop playing that year's NBA game.
I never really felt that way. I used to play some NBA game on the Genesis and you could enter a player's name like, "Larry Bird" and the game would generate his likeness for you with all appropriate skills. I forget what game that was, but my brother-in-law and I had a lot of fun building teams and punching in former players to see if the game represented them.

I think you can have both current and former players in there and have fun with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 11:34 AM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
That makes sense. But you've got to remember... nostalgia is one of the most powerful emotions / phenomenons. Is it a ploy to sell more units? Possibly, but isn't that part of what they're trying to achieve? As long as they didn't spend so much time on classic rosters that the gameplay suffers, I'm loving the idea of playing with the oldies.

Plus it's just fun as a fan of the game / league... it's a bit of a history lesson for the younger guys. And like an earlier post said... for us young twenty somethings, playing with the 00's teams is going to be a blast .

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »