Home

New Madden NFL 11 Trailer (Gamestop)

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 11 Trailer (Gamestop) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 30
Player models in Madden looking bulky, eh? Is that Madden hate talking or are those truly objective POVs? Hmm, let's break that down a bit.

First off, players generally get bigger once they get in the NFL. I think the Madden team understands that and accurately tries to portray that. If you are comparing the NFL to NCAA, you gotta take that into account.

Secondly, don't let the new lighting model contribute to that thought process of better looking players in NCAA. That's a bit of a mind game, by nature, in itself. Either you succumb to that belief or you see through it objectively. The new lighting does look great in NCAA 11 (if not washed out looking) and I can see how people will swoon over it .

That's all about that.

Now, about the dirty jersey thing, wasn't that in Madden 09 and Madden 10? Maybe I'm thinking about how muddy jerseys got in Madden 09 to the point where you didn't know which team was which, which was a bad thing. Madden 10, if I remember correctly, scaled back on that. I gotta pop that back in to see but it's hard to go back to that now that I am in love with NCAA 11. Also, I could be confusing dirty jersey thing with muddy jerseys. I'll check on that but I definitely see the dirty jerz toward the beginning of the vid. Looks good.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: New Madden NFL 11 Trailer (Gamestop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Player models in Madden looking bulky, eh? Is that Madden hate talking or are those truly objective POVs? Hmm, let's break that down a bit.

First off, players generally get bigger once they get in the NFL. I think the Madden team understands that and accurately tries to portray that. If you are comparing the NFL to NCAA, you gotta take that into account.

Secondly, don't let the new lighting model contribute to that thought process of better looking players in NCAA. That's a bit of a mind game, by nature, in itself. Either you succumb to that belief or you see through it objectively. The new lighting does look great in NCAA 11 (if not washed out looking) and I can see how people will swoon over it .

That's all about that.

Now, about the dirty jersey thing, wasn't that in Madden 09 and Madden 10? Maybe I'm thinking about how muddy jerseys got in Madden 09 to the point where you didn't know which team was which, which was a bad thing. Madden 10, if I remember correctly, scaled back on that. I gotta pop that back in to see but it's hard to go back to that now that I am in love with NCAA 11. Also, I could be confusing dirty jersey thing with muddy jerseys. I'll check on that but I definitely see the dirty jerz toward the beginning of the vid. Looks good.
I miss the muddy jerseys from 09. That was pretty awesome.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: New Madden Trailer from Gamestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by _mg_
exactly. come talk to me when Madden looks like this...

I swear I want to buy NCAA 11 just for its luscious graphics alone, Jesus Christ O_O.......but I didn't like the demo
Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #20
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7
Browns scoring on the Bengals......? I do not think so.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #21
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03MstGT290
Browns scoring on the Bengals......? I do not think so.

any given sunday anything can happen

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #22
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Very nice!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #23
Rookie

frankwyte81's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2

That's all about that.

The lighting system does make a hell of difference in NCAA 11, way more realistic. But Trey makes some great points about the player models from both games. One thing that urks me about NCAA is when a player walks through the fieldgoal net or the goal post after extra points...Ugh
Old 07-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 11
Power to the players...These ncaa pix must be xbox, I have the ps3 and they don't come close, graphics wise. But when you're playing the game you don't notice that. The same will hold true for Madden. C'mon July 27th!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »