Home

NHL Soundtracks Bring Home the Authentic Arena Hockey Experience

This is a discussion on NHL Soundtracks Bring Home the Authentic Arena Hockey Experience within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: NHL Soundtracks Bring Home the Authentic Arena Hockey Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
Actually, an arena will pay a royalty to the ASCAP just like a restaurant or bar would for public performance and playback of songs. And it isn't cheap. That licensing doesn't really apply for a game, because it would be distribution, which is an RIAA thing.
I have been in contact with many of the DJs for the NHL. They say it's royalty free and a lot of them barely even keep legitimate logs of what was played and even if they do, it's not necessarily correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #26
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

360 users: Those of you upset over Chelsea Dagger, just do what I did. Find the song (check playlist.com), download and install Audacity (free audio editing program), make several nice loops of the celebration part, burn it to a cd, and import it to your 360. The whole process should take you less than an hour.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama83
I have been in contact with many of the DJs for the NHL. They say it's royalty free and a lot of them barely even keep legitimate logs of what was played and even if they do, it's not necessarily correct.
They don't have to keep records. They don't have to pay. For instance, if a cover band plays a local pub, it's the pub that pays, not the band. The pub pays for the rights of the band to perform music that's under a license from the ASCAP. A DJ won't have to pay the license either, it's the venue.

And trust me, the arena pays the ASCAP. Everyone pays them, they are the music Gestapos. If you even have a store that plays music on a radio, expect a visit. They want their two pounds of flesh.

Last edited by ramenite; 07-26-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:12 AM   #28
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

Seriously, where is Song 2 by Blur? That's played at a bunch of arenas. You know the song that goes woo-hoo? Not a bad soundtrack, but I'm not really into metal or anything, hip hop's where it's at, but this soundtrack isn't that bad. They have Pantera, which makes any soundtrack plain awesome.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 07-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfever8
Seriously, where is Song 2 by Blur? That's played at a bunch of arenas. You know the song that goes woo-hoo? Not a bad soundtrack, but I'm not really into metal or anything, hip hop's where it's at, but this soundtrack isn't that bad. They have Pantera, which makes any soundtrack plain awesome.
It used to be the opening song in FIFA 98.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:47 PM   #30
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfever8
Yeah, that's the one song you hear EVERYWHERE. I might have to add it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »