Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #257
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Ok, I have a question, and hopefully someone who knows something (behind the scenes, for now) can reply:

I think it would be cool if in any of these MJ Challenges, prior to starting the challenge, we had like a little intro, maybe a short video from the real game. something that would get you in the mood, and briefly explain the context of the events. Is this thing in the game?

And to everyone here, would you like that (if it's not too late)?

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #258
Rookie

ybtherockstar's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insight: "Jordan Challenge" - Some Historic Teams Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Ok, I have a question, and hopefully someone who knows something (behind the scenes, for now) can reply:

I think it would be cool if in any of these MJ Challenges, prior to starting the challenge, we had like a little intro, maybe a short video from the real game. something that would get you in the mood, and briefly explain the context of the events. Is this thing in the game?

I am hoping that they do that as well. Sort of like the ufc classic fights in the ufc video games. That would be cool.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:46 PM   #259
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Well, not to get the network license hype again, because I really don't care about it...but if we could get some intro for each challenge, imagine intros like this one (only without the network):

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/is...5Td-Chd5woeaEw

It could be the intro to the 69-point game, though I'm not sure. But this is really what gets you in the mood to play classic old games. And to me, this is still by far the best intro ever in sports, by any network.

ZX Spectrum

Last edited by youvalss; 07-26-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #260
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss

Good idea man. It doesn't even have to be something extravagant. Something like:

(show MJ in a 2K sports or Jordan t-shirt)

"Hello. Welcome to The Jordan Challenge. In this challenge, you will _________."

(show actual footage from real life game, then a little video gameplay footage)

"Good luck."

You don't want MJ going on and on because it would get old, but if you keep it short and sweet it's definitely do-able. Guess they'd have to get the rights to the real life game footage though.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:46 AM   #261
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Good idea man. It doesn't even have to be something extravagant. Something like:

(show MJ in a 2K sports or Jordan t-shirt)

"Hello. Welcome to The Jordan Challenge. In this challenge, you will _________."

(show actual footage from real life game, then a little video gameplay footage)

"Good luck."

You don't want MJ going on and on because it would get old, but if you keep it short and sweet it's definitely do-able. Guess they'd have to get the rights to the real life game footage though.
I know for TW 10 for the Tiger Challenges, they play a vid before some of the Tiger ones. Something like that would be a nice touch, to hear what MJ's thoughts are on these classic games.

I mean it is the MJ moments, why not go the whole 9 and have the man himself tell you about them.

PSN: dsavbeast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #262
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

I'm gonna copy-paste this suggestion in the wishlist thread. Hopefully, it's not too late.

ZX Spectrum
Old 07-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #263
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
THAAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUU!! Buy this man a drink; and get youvalss one as well. They are not the only ones, but they are among the handful of guys who GET what 2K is doing here. I may need to stop reading these threads for a while, but it's hard not to as a Jordan fan.

Ask yourself this: why is 2K putting historic teams on THIS edition of their NBA game? If you don't know, go back and read some threads. If you do know, then ask yourself this: OK...what do the (insert RANDOM team from the past) have to do with a classic Jordan moment? If the answer is NOTHING, that team probably won't show up as unlockable, downloadable, etc.

I really don't want to sound like a jerk; if I do or if I've offended anyone I really am sorry. I want classic teams as much as the rest of you. But this isn't "The Classic Challenge"; it's "The Jordan Challenge." Jordan. Jor-dan. Maybe 2K will add them in a later game, but like "23" said--this is not a wishlist. Some of you are really setting yourselves up for a disappointment. Ooh ooh ooh--bring Manute Bol's 76ers! C'mon man.
Great reply. I said something similar, albeit shorter. This is a big step forward. If this game is the best selling basketball game of all time then it should lead onto more classic teams.

Hoping 2K are testing the water with this. Let's all buy it and then pester the 2K team here for full classic teams from the past. Every NBA finalist, or full seasons.

If they are able to edit players looks over the years (as they are with Jordan) then we could ultimately have every player from 1980 to 1998, all changing and aging.

Better than living rosters, NBA 2K LIVING LEGENDS!!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #264
Rookie

OVR: 3

By the way, the only real missing teams from this Jordan edition are -

93 Suns
96 Magic (just for the revenge)
98 Pacers. Would be a good challenge. This was all heart and determination as MJ kept driving to the lane with his shot not falling, refusing to lose.

Scottie deserves a huge mention to.

In face (bit off topic now), the worst thing I keep reading in press nowaday when talking about Phil Jackson and his great career is how he had three great players, Shaq, Kobe and MJ. IT's 4!!! 4 GREAT PLAYERS get it right!! Scottie Pippen makes the all time roster of 12 players. He just does. The great Bill Simmons agrees (sorry I ranted there didn't I).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »