Home

NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

This is a discussion on NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

As many of you may know already -- and if you don't it's okay because I'm about to enlighten you -- NCAA's dynasty mode is horribly broken this year.

Since EA Tiburon made the decision to rate recruits lower coming into school (but yet I guess forget to work on the progression of the game), most teams end up with middle of the road talent after years 4 or 5. It's like all of the football talent in America dries up after this year and all you are left with are a bunch of players rated in the 70s. I did a sim to see how bad it was and my Oklahoma Sooners went from a team with A ratings to a team with C+ ratings, yet they still won the Big XII in Year 7 with that kind of talent. Mostly because Texas had slipped to a team with C-s across the board. Baylor actually was rated as D+ (roughly where such powerhouses as UL Monroe and Western Kentucky lie today).

To me -- this just shows how horribly stale Dynasty mode is in NCAA.

Read More - NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA's Broken Dynasty Mode -- Another reason we need a revolution

Ive yet to see a example of how the lowerd ratings change anything gameplay wise on the field. If my team is rated a B but yet I still go 10-2 and win the SEC whats the big deal.

Also I love recruiting and anyone that doesnt is just to to going through the motions and signing 15 5* guys. When you auctally make it a tough its much more rewarding then last years.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Ive yet to see a example of how the lowerd ratings change anything gameplay wise on the field. If my team is rated a B but yet I still go 10-2 and win the SEC whats the big deal.

Also I love recruiting and anyone that doesnt is just to to going through the motions and signing 15 5* guys. When you auctally make it a tough its much more rewarding then last years.
If you haven't realized that the world doesn't revolve around just your team, and that this affects every team, and makes many worse than FCS teams, then oh well. Also if you need an example, how about kickers, the vast majority of kickers that are generated miss extra points consistently, and can't even kick a 30 yard field goal.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 07-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan

Certainly, it's easy to get too wrapped up in school graded ratings, and I understand your point. However, I'm reading alot of reports that the sub-par AWR ratings ARE changing gameplay, from QB completion %'s to RB's making foolish moves, to LB's standing still and not defending passes.

If the issue negatively impacts GAMEPLAY, it certainly screams out to be patched.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Sabredj's Arena

OVR: 5

I've been pretty tied up lately and haven't had time to search the forums, is there any word of another patch coming and has there been any word that this would be addressed? Any chance tuner sets could address this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0
The thing is, this guy barely even touched upon the problems.

All players: Really low awareness
WR: No elusiveness. No juke.
Kickers:....Who needs em.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is very frustrating. I'm in year 7 of my dynasty and these things have really started to affect my dynasty.

I got the #1 WR recruit in the nation and was excited....until I saw his 31 juke and 32 spin moves.

My kicker has 40 KPW and 40 KAC.

#1 MLB in the nation comes in at an 81 OVR......but with 41 AWR.

Half of the teams are D+ or worse and teams like Texas, UF, and Michigan are sitting at C or worse.

I was really enjoying this game so much....this is so frustrating.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Can't the Kickers easily being fixed with sliders? The AWR should improve and from what everyone is saying it doesnt go up much. The ELU and Juke rating you would think if broken and are that low could be patched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »