Home

NHL 11 Video: Disallowed Goal, Is it a Goal or Not?

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Video: Disallowed Goal, Is it a Goal or Not? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #57
Rookie

KraZe's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 11 Video: Disallowed Goal, Is it a Goal or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Agreed. The only thing that EA has implemented and has been overdone and completely stupid is the post whistle stuff.
Agreed. I get sick of trying to poke a loose puck away from a goalie, the whistle goes, I end up poking the goalie post-whistle, I get beat like a mule from the other team, yet somehow I end up getting a penalty even though I'm trying to avoid everyone.

The coincidental minors are another overdone factor as well, IMO.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #58
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
the funny thing about the goalie swipe is that it isn't effective at all, 9 out of 10 times the goalie misses it.
Correct. In my experience, both goalies swiping the puck out of the air and bat-in's could be more successful.

After 400-500 games of NHL 10, I've scored twice on bat-ins and once from my knees and that was in the demo.

EA, so far, has done a good job at making the spectacular truly stand out as such due to the scarcity of these occurances.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #59
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraZe
Agreed. I get sick of trying to poke a loose puck away from a goalie, the whistle goes, I end up poking the goalie post-whistle, I get beat like a mule from the other team, yet somehow I end up getting a penalty even though I'm trying to avoid everyone.

The coincidental minors are another overdone factor as well, IMO.
Absolutely. The coincidental minors are completely random. I have totally abused opposing players after the whistle with Byfuglien and then Duncan Keith gets sent to the box. So stupid. The post-whistle stuff sounded so good last year and it could add a new and exciting element to the game if it was implemented properly. That is why I'm always concerned about new features.

The new faceoff system sounds and looks incredible. But if players are deking from the faceoff and shooting on net when the draw is in an offensive zoneNevery time, I'll get frustrated quickly. Surely since EA has spent so much time on the new faceoff system they'll get it right. Shots off the faceoff should be as rare as the Kessel goal demonstrating disallowed goals.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

Last edited by Gagnon39; 07-28-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDPR
Not necessarily. Why add a "sprint" function for the offensive side but not the defensive side? When you push the puck up you do get that slight burst of speed, I don't see why the defense can't get a little burst by pressing a button too.
As i understand it. You skate slower with the puck than without it. So when you tap LT/L2 for the push puck, the increase in speed you notice is just going from "puck possession" speed to "no puck possession" speed. So the puckless defender doesn't need a boost because he's already going max speed.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:36 PM   #61
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Okay, first of all, that was freaking SICK!

Secondly, and unfortunately, I think ALL of the disallowed goals in this game will be from high sticks. I'd seriously doubt that there will be any reviews whether or not a puck crossed the goal line, or whether it hit the crossbar or the back of the net and bounced out. I guess we'll see, but I'm willing to bet that all the reviews are just simply high sticks.
I would personally like to see some disallowed goals from players in the crease, kicking the puck in, stick too high on deflections etc...So will this feature also be in EASHL or just in single player?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2010, 12:59 AM   #62
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouzwun
I would personally like to see some disallowed goals from players in the crease, kicking the puck in, stick too high on deflections etc...So will this feature also be in EASHL or just in single player?
But if they do that, then my team mates will have to start standing in front of the goalie to try and get goals, instead of behind him like they love to
Old 07-29-2010, 06:13 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 22

That was effing awesome. You got the best of both worlds on that same play. You got to see a player sprawled out on the ice, and a goal review to see if it counted. Only issue I had with that clip was that 99 times out of 100 the ref will initially award the goal, then have it go to review. For the main fact that in the refs mind, with a player laying on the ice like that hitting the puck from that angle, you wouldn't think he would be able to touch it while it is still above the crossbar. But that is incredible nit picking on my part and I should be ashaimed of my self for even pointing it out. I can not wait for NHL11.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 07-29-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just watched that video in the first post and animations still don't look smooth and realistic... Plus i don't like how the players celebrate the goal - every players skates in different direction like a zombie.

Well.. i guess this is just too hard to fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »