Home

NHL 11 Blog: An In-Depth Look at the EA Sports Ultimate Hockey League

This is a discussion on NHL 11 Blog: An In-Depth Look at the EA Sports Ultimate Hockey League within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 11 Blog: An In-Depth Look at the EA Sports Ultimate Hockey League

I have 2 questions since I never tried this mode in Fifa and I don't really play madden.

This mode starts out with a pile of cards, is there a draft or you are just dealt a random hand of cards?

And are there duplicate cards? Or once you pick a player you are the only one with access to him till you trade him or let his contract run out?
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapdinger69
This mode starts out with a pile of cards, is there a draft or you are just dealt a random hand of cards?

And are there duplicate cards? Or once you pick a player you are the only one with access to him till you trade him or let his contract run out?
1. I believe you start with a team of random cards.

2. Yes. Other people could have the same player(s) you do. But with the number of players available, it's unlikely teams will be to similar. Maybe a bored math whiz can calculate the odds with 4000+ cards...

PS - Not sure about purchasing card packs with real money. I thought that was an option, but maybe I just assumed it was. Need to get to the bottom of this...
Old 08-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I had almost no interest in Ultimate League when it was first announced, I never played FIFA so I thought it was just a gimmick mode to get more money out of people buying cards. I can't wait to play now though after seeing how in depth it is. I'm hoping you won't be able to buy cards so everyone has to earn them but I'll be surprised if you can't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #12
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Is the chemistry boost for making better lines just for this Ultimate Hockey card thing, or the game in general? I would love to have that in the game itself. As tip2007 said above, it would be a great addition to Be a GM mode!
don't see why they wouldn't put it in, if it affects gameplay on the ice in EAUHL the code for line chemistry can probably be easily copied over to Be a GM mode

Old 08-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

OVR: 8

Haha once again I'm at work and can't see this, would someone be a dear and PM me the article? :P
Old 08-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #14
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

I was surprised no one liked this idea when it was announced. Didn't realize not many people were familiar with it. It was awesome in FIFA, and I expect it to be just as awesome in NHL. Seems like they're making it way more MP based, with a structured league system which is awesome.

Getting coins or whatever they're calling them in NHL is really addicting. This may take over EASHL as my most played mode. Not sure yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »